Ford Forums banner

1995 460 efi

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ebernone 
#1 ·
1995 460 efi drama

Freighted back from the good old USA a low milage 1995 460 efi from an F350 EEC IV.

We planted into a 1977 ZH Fairlane, and after a bit of mucking around got it all up and running, but not too well.

After doing a KOEO flash test, we were surprised to discover that we had a MAF problem. Surprised because we didn't have a MAF.

Out of all the bits and pieces that came with the motor, there wasn't a MAF to be seen, and not having this truck in Aus we have no idea what it even looks like.

Hopefully one of our USA friends will read this, and be kind enough to take a pic of one for me, or one of the Aussie guys can suggest an alternative.

Cheers

#3 ·
Thank reece but we found the problem after some hours of searching the net.

Discovered that we have a speed density system that doesnt use a MAF sensor, but we used the wrong O2 sensor that gave us the flash code error.

Your link suggestions helped alot

cheers

#4 ·
Hey garth04,
I read your post last week, but still didn't know what a MAF Sensor was. (Still don't know what it is) But you suggested a KOEO test and I didn't know what that was either. Even the guy at O Reilly didn't know, but he knew what would happen if you disconnected a MAF. (It runs right) Replaced that MAF and running well. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.