429 crank - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 18:28   #1 (permalink)

429 crank

I need to know if the 429 intercepter has a defferent crank? it is a 1970 429 dove-a block and heads two bolt main that the junkyard told me was out of a state police car. I have looked on ford classics.com and it looks to be a thunderjet but i dont have a set of mics to check for sure till i have class and go to rebuild it but i really would like to know for sure to start pricing parts. The crank has a chip in it that is of good size so i need to replace it. I also have the dove-a cast intake if anyone is looking for one?
UNO Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 12:41   #2 (permalink)
429/460 Fanatic

cool Re: 429 crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNO Mustang View Post
I need to know if the 429 intercepter has a defferent crank? it is a 1970 429 dove-a block and heads two bolt main that the junkyard told me was out of a state police car. The crank has a chip in it that is of good size so i need to replace it.
The 429 was not used for Police Service until 1971. In 1970, all Police Service vehicles used FE engines 428FE, etc. Your engine is not a 429 Police Interceptor. 429 Police interceptor heads came with D0OE-R heads (1971) and D20E-AB heads (1972, 1973). It is a 1970 429 Thunderjet engine and is a very nice one at that. It was available in 1970 Ford Thunderbirds.

The 429 crankshaft that came in all passenger vehicles for the entire 429 production run (1968-1973) will fit any block from 1968-1978, meaning that it will fit a C8VE block, C9VE block, D0VE-A block, and D1VE blocks. The 429 crank will not fit a D9TE-AB block without some modifications to the block.

Please post a picure of the "chip' in your crankshaft; it may be possible that the crank is still perfectly usable. If not, then depending where you are located we have 429 cranks available.

Paul

We're on the web; click below:
High Flow Dynamics
Performance Components for the 429/460 Engine Family
Paul Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 14:47   #3 (permalink)

Re: 429 crank

It will take me a few days but i will put a pic of the crank up. Thanks for the heads up i was just going off of what the junkyard was tellin me. Thats why i asked ford people. They will tell you anything to make a sale but still a 429 thunderjet for next to nothing still good buy. It may take me a few days to answer replys i am a student at the University of Northwestern Ohio. Otherwise thanks for your help.
UNO Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech