460 base plates - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2006, 01:32   #1 (permalink)

confused 460 base plates

G'day fellow Ford persons.

Picked up new pacemaker engine mount base plates (460) for my XB. Only thing is the new engine mounts have a locating nipple to go into a hole in the plate face, but the plate face aint got no hole! I spoke to pacemaker and got the "I dunno". Am I supposed to drill th plate face to accept the nipple? Not a difficult job, but have I got the right ones?

L.
LWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2006, 02:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: 460 base plates

All the mounts are like that. I have seen and done them 2 ways.You can cut the nipple off the mount ,no probs.Think about it ,it is then just like a clevo mount with no pin.
My prefered way like i did my own is to drill the mount but you cant just drill a hole it has to be a slot so the engine will drop into place .
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 17:09   #3 (permalink)

Smile Re: 460 base plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaust
All the mounts are like that. I have seen and done them 2 ways.You can cut the nipple off the mount ,no probs.Think about it ,it is then just like a clevo mount with no pin.
My prefered way like i did my own is to drill the mount but you cant just drill a hole it has to be a slot so the engine will drop into place .
Thanks mate, much appreciated.
LWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech