460 heads??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2005, 06:09   #1 (permalink)

460 heads???

my heads are d3ve-a2a they have been ported and stainless vaves fitted by previous owner,they have bolt on roller rockers non ajustable and are rubbing on retainers,are they worth fitting ajustable style roller rockers or should i get some other heads,i just missed out on a alloy set on ebay
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2005, 21:01   #2 (permalink)

Re: 460 heads???

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece1
my heads are d3ve-a2a they have been ported and stainless vaves fitted by previous owner,they have bolt on roller rockers non ajustable and are rubbing on retainers,are they worth fitting ajustable style roller rockers or should i get some other heads,i just missed out on a alloy set on ebay
look look
Old 08-16-2005, 02:52   #3 (permalink)
FORD THUNDER DOWNUNDER

hey man, I had the same problem, I am running Ferrea valves, the tips are shorter, from tip to keeper groove. The problem was solved with different retainers for my valve springs. So it brought my installed valve spring height lower , thus the rockers clear the retainers when valves are closed.
Crower Retainers
KILLERME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:01   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERME
hey man, I had the same problem, I am running Ferrea valves, the tips are shorter, from tip to keeper groove. The problem was solved with different retainers for my valve springs. So it brought my installed valve spring height lower , thus the rockers clear the retainers when valves are closed.
Crower Retainers
cheers sounds better than filing r/rocker. my plans have changed i am not using that mtr anymore but i will fix it anyhow do you have the part no of retainers.
Old 08-21-2005, 23:00   #5 (permalink)
FORD THUNDER DOWNUNDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece1
cheers sounds better than filing r/rocker. my plans have changed i am not using that mtr anymore but i will fix it anyhow do you have the part no of retainers.
Hey, you have to make sure the retainers you are going to buy sit snugly in your valve springs, you don't want them to be able to shuffle around in top of spring too much.
The set I got for my double springs are actually,,,,
Competition Cams. part no.743-16
these cleared my rockers but did shuffle a little in top of spring. not an ideal fit. But do work.
There are so many different size , so I have found. and spring sizes to.
Don't forget to check your installed hight seat pressure. A must for mild or street cam.
I have found this out,, the engine sounds chrisper and a lot more perky at start up and cold idle with high oil pressure, I running hydraulic cam. Just christ all round, I luv it!
KILLERME is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech