Ford Forums banner

460 solid mounts

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  reece1 
#1 ·
do you think i will need solid mtr plate mounts. i have a sticky set of m/t and am hoping to have around 550 flywheel ponies low gears and medium stall.am i just being a wanker or would this solid be the best way :wank2: :beerbottl :priest:

#2 ·
I wouldn't use solid.If you were to use engine plates you can bush the ends where it fits to the chassis.For 500hp the stock type mounts will work fine .They have a pin through them to limit the travel anyway to prevent a breakage. i can look up the brand and part# if you need of the ones i use.

#3 ·
gregaust said:
I wouldn't use solid.If you were to use engine plates you can bush the ends where it fits to the chassis.For 500hp the stock type mounts will work fine .They have a pin through them to limit the travel anyway to prevent a breakage. i can look up the brand and part# if you need of the ones i use.
that would be great,i have a set but they are starting to rip,i bought some about 10 years ago from john cain in newcastle. does he still exist. where did you grt yours from and rough cost. if i were to engine plate can i buy this item or have to make it. i seen mark hayes torana has a bush mounted plate that is what i was thinking of. i hope to launch hard, just trying to do it all first up. :priest:

#4 ·
Never had a problem with my engine mounts

I think a solid mounted motor would be very unwise for the street

#6 ·
reece1 said:
with this sort of power do you think i will get atleast one wheel off the ground. i will have the traction and yes to what your thinking i am a :wank2:
521 cubes in a xw :wank2:

????
Don't think anything bad

My mate has a clevo that makes approx 580 hp and it lifts both front wheels off the deck in a street car, but only does it at the track, you would not get that sort of traction on the street

#7 ·
ratter said:
????
Don't think anything bad

My mate has a clevo that makes approx 580 hp and it lifts both front wheels off the deck in a street car, but only does it at the track, you would not get that sort of traction on the street
sounds good, i meant at the track to i wouldn't even try on the street. i dont need to help the bad image these cars have already got. i will be stoked if it hooks up :priest:

#8 ·
reece1 said:
with this sort of power do you think i will get atleast one wheel off the ground. i will have the traction and yes to what your thinking i am a :wank2:
521 cubes in a xw :wank2:
My XA has a 351 with stock 4v heads and it get's both wheels 6" off the ground, but it's manual which makes it easier (launch at 6500rpm), i can't see an XW bb having any trouble as long as the stall is big enough.

#9 ·
falcon coupe said:
My XA has a 351 with stock 4v heads and it get's both wheels 6" off the ground, but it's manual which makes it easier (launch at 6500rpm), i can't see an XW bb having any trouble as long as the stall is big enough.
i seen one of your first pics launching, so your std mounts hold this that is awesome, such a big load for a little mount. i have a mate who launched at the revs you do with a toploader,we sold him a button clutch as he was putting in shit ones every time he give it some.the clutch worked so good (no slip) he broke everything else, input shaft + 2 h/duty ones, then he got a fine spline one so we had to change the c/plate,he did a mainshaft, tailshaft,hemisphere and last axles. he blamed us for this expense saying the clutch was to good.(he gives us heaps of sales though). he use to do his burnout by dropping the clutch at 7000 in third gear (animal)the car ran a best of 11.4 but last time out he smashed the box to shreds and pulled the radiator out of its mounts into the fan. so now its got a transbraked p/glide in it. but the mtr is out of it getting freshened up by his engine builder.its a immaculate xy. by the way your car is f%&king awesome email me the pic of it launching so i can save it :priest:

#13 ·
falcon coupe said:
Done.
Got any pic's of the Xdub project ?
a few i will have to get them loaded up.i bought the car off ebay as a unfinished project,fairly rough but all there, i have got a bit out of control with the running gear and engine so the cosmetics are not changing yet. just removed the wing and it had a bonnet scoop(reverse style) with a shaker through it.that is changed as well. putting the std interior back in as well.the ebay number is 4536952000. its a bit of a laugh to look at. :priest:

#14 ·
i got a front mtr plate today it mounts through the waterpump so it is not that hard to r&r. i only intend on using it at the drags. what is the best way to mount it to the chassis. i have seen a few with eye bushes and some just bolted up tight to brackets. your thoughts????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.