Re: '77 LTD 460 + ZF 5-speed in a '76 F-350 2WD
Ok well did some more research, here's what I found, please correct me if i'm wrong. If I want a 12" clutch I would have to use '78 or later flywheel and have it machined to balance, or I go with pre-'78 and use the 11". As far as Hydro or Mech, either can be done aswell, Hydro requires a clutch MC installed in the firewall, and going the mech route I'll need a tranny-side Z bar bracket fabricated. Need this swap to happen with a very low budget for now, with plans for later upgrades.
My boneyard list is looking something like:
- Rear-sump oil pan, pickup and dipstick off of any 460 truck or Van
- Coil Springs for 460 (truck came with a 300-6)
- Saginaw PS pump and bracket (4 bolt from 87-96 van)
- Stock truck manifolds (heard going headers on a nearly stock build will cost me low end torque)
- Mount towers
- Power Steering Box
Parts Store list:
- Clutch Kit (as soon as I figure which way to go)
- '68 - '72 timing chain (hear it's good for 20-30 Hp)
- All new pumps water/fuel/oil/PS
- Basic Tune-up stuffs
Would love some input on any of these points. I have done a couple builds in the past, not an expert. If there is something I have overlooked or misunderstood please let me know. Tearing into the donor car in a couple days.