big block in big truck - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2005, 00:31   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 23
big block in big truck

g'day
i in the process of putting a 460 & c6 in a 71mdl 2wd f100, does anyone know of any probs doing this little change? it had a 351c and c4 before... what sort of mounts, tail shaft,sump,cross member and stuff will i need..... oh and did i mention the 460 is now a 557.....
getuted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-01-2005, 02:29   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2
Re: big block in big truck

Good luck keeping it cool. There aint a radiator on earth that will keep that Monster from cooking itself.

Hope your not using it for work?

ive got a 79 F350 with a Mild 460 and it cooks on a hot day.

Its got a Tripple Flow 4 Row Radiator (Massive)
Performance Water pump
The heads are Tapped

And the bitch still cooks!!!!!!!

F#%king hate the thing.
Pannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 15:29   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mooresville, In
Age: 27
Posts: 32
Re: big block in big truck

haha thats funny
bigbronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 16:14   #4 (permalink)
TuffZc and pursuit
 
ratter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Frankston
Age: 50
Posts: 301
Re: big block in big truck

Get your self a big aluminium radiator and you should not have heating problems
__________________
There is no substitute for cubic inches but my pursuit sure closes the gap




*UPDATE * Pursuit has just run 11.763 and 116.18 mph making it Australias Quickest and fastest unopened boss as well as Australias Quickest and fastest naturally aspirated Boss
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 20:11   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sydney
Posts: 889
Re: big block in big truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannic
Good luck keeping it cool. There aint a radiator on earth that will keep that Monster from cooking itself.

Hope your not using it for work?

ive got a 79 F350 with a Mild 460 and it cooks on a hot day.

Its got a Tripple Flow 4 Row Radiator (Massive)
Performance Water pump
The heads are Tapped

And the bitch still cooks!!!!!!!

F#%king hate the thing.
when you say the heads are tapped,what do you mean. airbleeds or something
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 20:12   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sydney
Posts: 889
Re: big block in big truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by getuted
g'day
i in the process of putting a 460 & c6 in a 71mdl 2wd f100, does anyone know of any probs doing this little change? it had a 351c and c4 before... what sort of mounts, tail shaft,sump,cross member and stuff will i need..... oh and did i mention the 460 is now a 557.....
how did you go with the conversion, how does it go
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 21:45   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 23
Re: big block in big truck

still waiting on machining... had alot of trouble finding a sump and hi vol oil pump, i mean alot.. but hi energy sumps came to the party and made one from scratch for me... along with a big price tag... the cost of cubes goes on......... on the cooling side of things im using a cvr billet water pump (electric) 2x 12inch fans, and a custom alloy raditior... we will see how that goes...
getuted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 01:25   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sydney
Posts: 889
Re: big block in big truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by getuted
still waiting on machining... had alot of trouble finding a sump and hi vol oil pump, i mean alot.. but hi energy sumps came to the party and made one from scratch for me... along with a big price tag... the cost of cubes goes on......... on the cooling side of things im using a cvr billet water pump (electric) 2x 12inch fans, and a custom alloy raditior... we will see how that goes...
where did the waterpump come from any pics or website to see it
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:39   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 23
Re: big block in big truck

you can buy them from vpw and rocket ind, they really look the part!, i dont have any photos as yet because its not together yet, but soon...........
getuted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 06:31   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sydney
Posts: 889
Re: big block in big truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by getuted
you can buy them from vpw and rocket ind, they really look the part!, i dont have any photos as yet because its not together yet, but soon...........
let me know how you go with the waterpump i have been told they are not good enough for the street they do not pump half as much water as a original pump. what was the problem with the sump not crank clearance was it
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Truck block? 94 Flareside Windsor Tech 2 12-07-2004 08:05
Automobile Journalists Association of Canada Awards F-150 Truck of the Year Stacy94PGT Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel 0 02-16-2004 07:48
Usa: Motor Trend Names Ford F-150 2004 Truck Of The Year LCJ66 Ford Worldwide News 3 12-19-2003 07:50
U.S.A.:U.S. truck war waged in Texas Stacy94PGT Ford Worldwide News 0 08-02-2003 23:29
Benifit of EL block over EA/ED Walkinshaw General Tech 5 02-01-2003 21:34

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:33.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.