Bonnet scoop problem. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2005, 02:03   #1 (permalink)

Bonnet scoop problem.

Hey guys got a wee problem, just got my weiand stealth mainfold for my xb coupe which im putting a 460, I knew there was gonna be problems right away. The damn thing is to bloody big to sit under the bonnet with carby and air cleaner on. What do I do, i really didn't want to have to put a bonnet scoop on it but it looks like i have no choice now. The problem is I don't like any of the scoops available, the only one i remotely like is the reverse xc cobra scoop (can't find where to buy one). Has anyone else used this manifold and managed to get it under the bonnet?
Rat460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2005, 21:50   #2 (permalink)

Re: Bonnet scoop problem.

Guy I know in US has a 429 with a high rise manifold( not sure what brand) in his xb, and he has a forward facing scoop from an 82 mustang. It looks awesome, does the job and would be fairly unique in Oz ! Getting hold of one might be a bit of fun though.

"I intend to live for ever, so far so good."
Jikbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:09   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the idea, don't think i've ever seen that scoop. You don't have any pics of that scoop on your mates xb, I am really stuck for ideas because this was really not in my plan, and i have never really liked scoops on the xb/c bonnet. Right now i am tossing up between Rob Bertolacci (the red xb coupe) style and a reverse cobra scoop. Thanks for any ideas.
Old 01-28-2005, 17:08   #4 (permalink)

I am considering a BA XR8 bonnet bulge for my XB coupe. I am also running a stealth manifold although i get just enough clearance using a drop base air cleaner set up.
XBHardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 00:18   #5 (permalink)

http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/ford7501.htm

This might be the scoop mentioned above.
I am presently looking at making up a reverse opening cowl scoop to fit an XC bonnet.It will be the width of the centre section of the bonnet and go from the factory scoops back with the recess in the middle to match the ridges on the bonnet.
I am trying to fit a Victor manifold under it.If it works out i will post some pics.
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:28   #6 (permalink)

I haven't yet tried a drop base air filter I might give it a go and put the bonnet back on, if it works the clearance is gonna be very tight. Thanks for the pics I have seen that car in Car Kraft before, I think.
Old 02-02-2005, 20:46   #7 (permalink)

You might be surprised at the amount of clearance you have when you put the bonnet on. Looking across the gaurds on my coupe you would think there is no way the bonnet will close.
XBHardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:42   #8 (permalink)
FORD THUNDER DOWNUNDER

I had same problem on my XD I tried a portsonic offenhouser, carb was well clear of top of gaurds. So I am just running a performer intake, Torker manifolds are low rise. My scoop choice would have to be XYGT Shaker scoop or even better 69 GT Torino Cobra scoop
KILLERME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 03:58   #9 (permalink)

If You Are Chasing A Cobra Scoop Go To Fomoco.com.au Then Go To Shopping Xa Xb Xc Exterior They Were About $225.00 New All The Best
ford2drs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 18:44   #10 (permalink)

I have an XB coupe with a 460 running an edelbrok torker11 intake (with 1" phenolic spacer) I have the 12-14" 'ish airfliter out through the bonnet by a couple of inches. I've never been particularly happy with it though. (can email a pic if interested)

I too have looked at forward facing 69 Boss mustang scoops. Not sure where to get on in australia to mok it up for a look though?
Max 460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech