Ford Forums banner

BOSS 429 into XB Coupe

7K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  EFGTHO 
#1 ·
Would it be possible to fit a Mustang BOSS 429 engine into a XB Coupe and if it is possible how much would the engine and the instalation cost roughly

#4 ·
Casso said:
Would it be possible to fit a Mustang BOSS 429 engine into a XB Coupe and if it is possible how much would the engine and the instalation cost roughly
It can be done , its not terribly easy ( but its mostly finding parts) and if you are asking these questions consider doing some asking around at your local car/rod club
the BB runs fine on lpg so give it some thought .

#6 ·
Casso said:
i have had a 429 XB GT for around 20 yrs , it fits perfectly and there use to be kits you could buy complete with header pipes to suit.

Although make sure you get plenty of cooling to the steering box or it will fry in the hot weather.

I will be selling my conversion complete with 429CJ/C6 modified tranny if you intrested. :hy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.