C4 Auto's Behind Big Blocks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2005, 20:30   #1 (permalink)

C4 Auto's Behind Big Blocks

Im looking into putting a c4 behind my bigblock, i know you cam source bellhousings to suite. i was wondering if anyone has done this, and where abouts can i source a bellhousing from.
thanks john.
xeturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2005, 01:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: C4 Auto's Behind Big Blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeturbo
Im looking into putting a c4 behind my bigblock, i know you cam source bellhousings to suite. i was wondering if anyone has done this, and where abouts can i source a bellhousing from.
thanks john.
ask for gregaust he has popped back in,we know your out there
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:49   #3 (permalink)

Your much better off going C-6, they are much stonger and you can put extra clutches in them etc.
You can also fit a bigger Oil pan on the C-6 as there are 3 sizes available.

I went for the in between one as it does not stick down too far for those speed bumps.
XE_ESP_429scj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:59   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XE_ESP_429scj
Your much better off going C-6, they are much stonger and you can put extra clutches in them etc.
You can also fit a bigger Oil pan on the C-6 as there are 3 sizes available.

I went for the in between one as it does not stick down too far for those speed bumps.
what do you think of powerglides
Old 06-01-2005, 04:05   #5 (permalink)

i was going to go C6, but they are too heavy use too much hp, and its a lot of buggerising around for me, ie i need a custom shortened tailshaft etc. also C4 stuff is a lot easier to get a hold of and c4s can be built to take some serious horsepower. at the end of the day i want a C4 because of their cheapness and availability and the fact i dont need to change anything when i put my 400 in my XE.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:12   #6 (permalink)
New toy in the shed

Quote:
i was going to go C6, but they are too heavy use too much hp, and its a lot of buggerising around for me, ie i need a custom shortened tailshaft etc. also C4 stuff is a lot easier to get a hold of and c4s can be built to take some serious horsepower. at the end of the day i want a C4 because of their cheapness and availability and the fact i dont need to change anything when i put my 400 in my XE.
Do you mean C4 or C10. A C4 has the dip stick go through the housing and the C10 has the dip stick go in to the trans pan. A C4 would last about ten minutes behind a big block. The C10 would be you better option in this case. Where abouts in oz are you if you are in Melbourne give Jimmy Walton a call and he will be abel to help you out.
ch7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:22   #7 (permalink)

on all the C4s ive owned they fill up into the pan or whereever, and the tube just uses one of the bellhousing bolts to secure it in place. i know my C4 probably wont last long, but i already have 2 of them and id like to build up a strong C4 over a C6 as apparently C6s arent too good at taking big power, and a built C4 can handle more then a built c6, or so they reckon. its just a matter of finding a bellhousing now!
Old 06-01-2005, 07:24   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
on all the C4s ive owned they fill up into the pan or whereever, and the tube just uses one of the bellhousing bolts to secure it in place. i know my C4 probably wont last long, but i already have 2 of them and id like to build up a strong C4 over a C6 as apparently C6s arent too good at taking big power, and a built C4 can handle more then a built c6, or so they reckon. its just a matter of finding a bellhousing now!
there is a powerglide 460 bellhousing on ebay click on that it is a manufacturer i would say they make one for the c-4 as well, i will check it out for you
Old 06-01-2005, 15:06   #9 (permalink)

I found one on Ebay in the states , cost 140 US .I got in contact with this guy Jay@BroaderPerformance.com , He can supply them for 150US plus shipping 75 to 150 US.Hope this helps . Dale
Old 06-01-2005, 18:38   #10 (permalink)
Club Phantom

Quote:
i know my C4 probably wont last long, but i already have 2 of them and id like to build up a strong C4 over a C6 as apparently C6s arent too good at taking big power, and a built C4 can handle more then a built c6, or so they reckon.

How much horsepower are you talking? I certainly wouldn't be thinking C4 no matter how many I had.
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech