Ford Forums banner

dove c heads with flattops

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  302xm 
#1 ·
i have just recently destroyed 1 of my nice forged pop up pistons and am thinking of going 4 flattops 2 help with the shit gas we get these days is anyone running this combo or have any idea on compression ratios 4 this combo ? i dont know my cc as yet but heads appear 2 of been unshrouded. also dooe-a rods are they scj?

#2 ·
472gt said:
i have just recently destroyed 1 of my nice forged pop up pistons and am thinking of going 4 flattops 2 help with the shit gas we get these days is anyone running this combo or have any idea on compression ratios 4 this combo ? i dont know my cc as yet but heads appear 2 of been unshrouded. also dooe-a rods are they scj?
i was just looking at the us ebay under ford 429/460 there is a set of speedpro flat tops new with comp specs for different cc heads. have a look i think it even may have been maddog which you posted about before i think.
how did this happen to your engine all the details :priest:
sorry i think it was killerme who posted this but have a look

#3 ·
There a first revison 429 CJ/SCJ rod. Factory magnafluxed before selection :evil_lol:
Unshrouding should only add a couple of cc's. deck height ,compressed gasket thickness also come into account but im guessing around 10:1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.