First 1/4 mile run - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2006, 01:53   #1 (permalink)

First 1/4 mile run

Took my Fairlane out for it's maiden run down the strip yesterday. First run, I eased it off the line then gave it full throttle, short shifted into 2nd, and shifted into 3rd at 6500rpm. The car ran dead straight and steady, recording a 10.75 @ 125mph. To say I was happy is an understatement.

After a few practice launches and half track runs, I gave it a hard launch and full power run. Shifting at 6500rpm, I managed a 10.38 @ 129.5mph. At that stage I was told to go home by the officials as I don't have a full racing license. However, I was more than happy.

My car is a 1970 Australian Fairlane sedan, full street trim at a race weight of 3600lbs. Engine is a 521, SCJ heads, XR292R cam, 1050 carb, and runs on 98 octane pump gas. The trans is a C4 with a 4000rpm stall converter, 4.11 diff gears and 28x10.5 slicks. I run power brakes, and the engine is sedate enough to handle moderate traffic and be driven 30 miles to and from the track.

These runs were made with a full street legal exhaust system and the air cleaner on. I managed a 60' time of 1.49sec, although the car was still turning the tires of the line. I think with a bit more tuning, I can get the times down to low 10's. Needless to say, I am more than happy with this combo. It's taken me and all who have worked on this car about 2.5 years to get to this stage. It is so awesome to own a street legal, street driven car that, with a pair of slicks, can run low 10's.

Praise the Lord for the big block Ford
ToddZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2006, 04:34   #2 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Re: First 1/4 mile run

Great times .
What colour is your car as I was at the drags yesterday and was impressed with alot of cars on the day
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:23   #3 (permalink)

Tony, it's the silver fox ZC. Check out some pics in my gallery.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:56   #4 (permalink)

Thats awsome work. By my calculations thats damm on 600hp at the wheels!
When will you be racing next?
ClevoCapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 17:15   #5 (permalink)

Once I get my UDL ANDRA license and get the car tech inspected, I'll be back. Plan on a few Wednesday night meets, and if work permits I try and get it in at least one of the remaining Super Sedan events.
Old 02-19-2006, 23:29   #6 (permalink)

That's awesome stuff Todd, keep that Ford Flag Flying!

Is the car caged and does it have head rests?

Gonz

Last edited by SPRINTED; 02-19-2006 at 23:36. Reason: Forgot to mention
SPRINTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:11   #7 (permalink)
TuffZc and pursuit

Very impressive.

I need to get my ZC a out with some sticky tyres and see if I can get an 11, 10's are great.

*UPDATE * Pursuit has just run 11.763 and 116.18 mph making it Australias Quickest and fastest unopened boss as well as Australias Quickest and fastest naturally aspirated Boss
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:57   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTED
That's awesome stuff Todd, keep that Ford Flag Flying!

Is the car caged and does it have head rests?

Gonz
G'day Gonz,

I've got a 5 point cage in it, but the seats are still factory. Will have a read through my ANDRA rule book on that one.
I didn't get a chance to see how you went, though saw on your other post you won GAS, well done. 147mph is outstanding, just got to hook up all that power. I've thought about putting some gas through mine, but it's doing okay as it is. I don't want to go to a 6 point cage, so will just keep working on the current combo. What are the requirements to run True Street? I'm thinking about getting some drag radials and giving that a go.
See you down the track.

Todd
Old 02-20-2006, 10:22   #9 (permalink)

All I can say Todd is WOW that is one great street car , a 10.38 @129.5 with pipes up & cleaner on .Nice work .
Dale
Old 02-20-2006, 10:54   #10 (permalink)

Todd I just had a look on comp cams site as I was interested in your cam specs but could only find xr292r for cheby windsor and chrysler.254 260 @50 & 388 lift , is that right or have I had to much sun.
Dale.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech