Ford Forums banner

More power needed for stock 460

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  reece1 
#1 ·
Hey I'm 19 and have a 1975 F-250 supercab......I have a 460 in it just rebuilt pretty stock except for msd coil, plug wires, edelbrock 750cfm performer carburator and K&N filter, and magna flow exhaust otherwise stock.I also have the c-6 tranny. This is my daily driver, but it doesn't have the performance I am looking for I've adjusted the carburator numerous times and I either get little power and no deiseling or power w/ deiseling.......what's the deal? I've tryed all I can think of.

Also I plan to smooth out the intake manifold....what else would you do on a pretty low budget, but the objective of more power?

Thanks for any input!

#2 ·
doncwu said:
Hey I'm 19 and have a 1975 F-250 supercab......I have a 460 in it just rebuilt pretty stock except for msd coil, plug wires, edelbrock 750cfm performer carburator and K&N filter, and magna flow exhaust otherwise stock.I also have the c-6 tranny. This is my daily driver, but it doesn't have the performance I am looking for I've adjusted the carburator numerous times and I either get little power and no deiseling or power w/ deiseling.......what's the deal? I've tryed all I can think of.

Also I plan to smooth out the intake manifold....what else would you do on a pretty low budget, but the objective of more power?

Thanks for any input!
lower the diff ratio on a little budget it will probably make the biggest difference. do you know the ratio?. awesome engine bb are the best :priest:also you could try a 850 d.p spreadbore carb these are a cheap holley secondhand and work great on these engines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.