Re: Motorsport Cobra Jet Head set up
Jeez, I don't know what to be more suprised about, that a 2 year old thread was uncovered, or it was actually 2 years ago I bought those heads and only just gotten the motor in!!
Motor is done and in. I've only run it for a few hundred K's and changed the oil on the weekend. It looks, sounds, feels awesome. Short story:
- Block bored (.030"), honed, decked .030" chemi-cleaned etc.
- KB Hyper forged pistons, 15cc chambers resulting in 11.1 (heads ended up at 69cc)
- Stock rods re-sized ARP bolts
- Stock crank ground 10 / 10 all balanced
- Main stud kit and girdle
- Mildon signle idler gear drive
- Ford Racing C460 Hyd. cam (.595" in. - .614" ex. lift 244 / 254 duration)
- Ford Raing cobra jet heads ported, flowed, cc's, port matched, stainless valves, springs to suit
- Crane gold series rollers
- Edelbrock Torker 11 intake
- 850 annual discharge holley
- MSD pro-billet dizzy with 6AL ignition (6300 rpm soft chip limiter)
- Very shinny cromed alloy Ford Racing rocker covers!!
Plus all the other drama's associated with engine re-build.
Starts, runs, feels very nice. Benchmarking other combo's and the dyno 2000 simulation suggests somewhere in the 530hp range. Will tune carb / ignition on chassis dyno once it run in a little more.