price of 429 cobra jet - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2005, 22:17   #1 (permalink)

confused price of 429 cobra jet

i would like to know what a 429 cobra jet would sell for and a regular 429 with Dove heads ported and polished and the internals all rebiult for racing
1990fordmustan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2005, 02:35   #2 (permalink)

Re: price of 429 cobra jet

car or engine? the 428 is a better reseller
Old 06-26-2005, 20:27   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge
car or engine? the 428 is a better reseller
the engine price for both the 429 CJ and standard 429 each have ovaer 400 horse with there rebiulds
Old 06-27-2005, 01:39   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990fordmustan
the engine price for both the 429 CJ and standard 429 each have ovaer 400 horse with there rebiulds
i have a mild 460 with all the gear it will be up for sale in a couple of months if your interested
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 16:27   #5 (permalink)

confused Re: price of 429 cobra jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece1
i have a mild 460 with all the gear it will be up for sale in a couple of months if your interested
i would like to buy it if i had the money its just i'm buying this 429 cobra jet and i wanted to know what a good price for would be and i'm selling a regular 429 with forged aluminum pistons cobra jet crank ported and polished rebiult cyl heads with well over 400 horse and i would like to now what a good price would be for my engine and what a good price for the 429 CJ would be because the guy thats selling it doesn't know much about them and frankly niether do i
Old 06-28-2005, 02:53   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990fordmustan
i would like to buy it if i had the money its just i'm buying this 429 cobra jet and i wanted to know what a good price for would be and i'm selling a regular 429 with forged aluminum pistons cobra jet crank ported and polished rebiult cyl heads with well over 400 horse and i would like to now what a good price would be for my engine and what a good price for the 429 CJ would be because the guy thats selling it doesn't know much about them and frankly niether do i
go back to the old 429 tech and look for posts by marcus he will probably know what the cobra jet is worth (send him a private email) i dont htink he is on here anymore,he will reply. as for your mtr i dont know what their worth either. i know you can spend alot on them though. i sold a good 460 with engine dyno 497 fwhp and i only got 4500 for it. i was happy and sad at the time but i needed the coin. i just paid 930 for a rebuilder so they have to be worth something when you add up what it costs to put a half decent one together. when i sell mine i will dissasemble for the serious buyer so they can acctually see what they are paying for
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech