Ford Forums banner

price of 429 cobra jet

7K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  reece1 
#1 ·
i would like to know what a 429 cobra jet would sell for and a regular 429 with Dove heads ported and polished and the internals all rebiult for racing

#5 ·
reece1 said:
i have a mild 460 with all the gear it will be up for sale in a couple of months if your interested :priest:
i would like to buy it if i had the money its just i'm buying this 429 cobra jet and i wanted to know what a good price for would be and i'm selling a regular 429 with forged aluminum pistons cobra jet crank ported and polished rebiult cyl heads with well over 400 horse and i would like to now what a good price would be for my engine and what a good price for the 429 CJ would be because the guy thats selling it doesn't know much about them and frankly niether do i

#6 ·
1990fordmustan said:
i would like to buy it if i had the money its just i'm buying this 429 cobra jet and i wanted to know what a good price for would be and i'm selling a regular 429 with forged aluminum pistons cobra jet crank ported and polished rebiult cyl heads with well over 400 horse and i would like to now what a good price would be for my engine and what a good price for the 429 CJ would be because the guy thats selling it doesn't know much about them and frankly niether do i
go back to the old 429 tech and look for posts by marcus he will probably know what the cobra jet is worth (send him a private email) i dont htink he is on here anymore,he will reply. as for your mtr i dont know what their worth either. i know you can spend alot on them though. i sold a good 460 with engine dyno 497 fwhp and i only got 4500 for it. i was happy and sad at the time but i needed the coin. i just paid 930 for a rebuilder so they have to be worth something when you add up what it costs to put a half decent one together. when i sell mine i will dissasemble for the serious buyer so they can acctually see what they are paying for :priest:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.