Ran the 488 on the dyno - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2005, 12:31   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Black XW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brisbane
Age: 49
Posts: 88
Ran the 488 on the dyno

After a long wait and a lot of changes my 488 finally went on the dyno.
The final combo.
Edelbrock heads 95cc chambers
Victor manifold
950 hp holley
Comp cam solid roller 726 lift 252 260 @50
Ross flat tops 10.5 to 1
Manley rods
Made 540 ft/lb @ 3000rpm
Peak 600 ft/lb @ 5000
Peak 609 hp @ 6000
Still had 590 hp @ 6500
That was 3 weeks ago & i,m still grinning like an idiot.Picked up a 460 to c4 bellhousing the other day so now need to find someone to build a box.Thinking of talking to Precise Automatics in Beenleigh.Any suggestions guys.
__________________
we cam , we ford , we conquer.
Black XW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-15-2005, 01:18   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
73falcongt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 344
Re: Ran the 488 on the dyno

Thats bloody good man, your almost making your peak torque at 3000rpm.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------
She may not be the cleanest of fastest XY on the road, but godamn it she's mine.
73falcongt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:36   #3 (permalink)
TuffZc and pursuit
 
ratter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Frankston
Age: 50
Posts: 301
Re: Ran the 488 on the dyno

I've got my C6 at steve Butcharts at the momment www.bmsproducts.com.au

It has been nothing but trouble and hopefully he can sort it out for me, will nkow in a few weeks.

there is a guy on here, gregaust he knows everything there is to know about ford trannies, not sure if he builds for customers or not though
__________________
There is no substitute for cubic inches but my pursuit sure closes the gap




*UPDATE * Pursuit has just run 11.763 and 116.18 mph making it Australias Quickest and fastest unopened boss as well as Australias Quickest and fastest naturally aspirated Boss
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 03:59   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
dodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: brisvages where else
Age: 41
Posts: 995
Re: Ran the 488 on the dyno

good work, my CJ 428 made 570 HP at the crank
__________________
dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 22:39   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 55
Re: Ran the 488 on the dyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
I've got my C6 at steve Butcharts at the momment www.bmsproducts.com.au

It has been nothing but trouble and hopefully he can sort it out for me, will nkow in a few weeks.

there is a guy on here, gregaust he knows everything there is to know about ford trannies, not sure if he builds for customers or not though

yeah ive had nothing but trouble with my c6 aswell i have just got it back from being rebuilt(second time in last 18 months) they recon the chevy powerglide is the best way 2 go with the high output big blocks
472gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 02:42   #6 (permalink)
TuffZc and pursuit
 
ratter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Frankston
Age: 50
Posts: 301
Re: Ran the 488 on the dyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by 472gt
yeah ive had nothing but trouble with my c6 aswell i have just got it back from being rebuilt(second time in last 18 months) they recon the chevy powerglide is the best way 2 go with the high output big blocks

I've been told the turbo 400 is the best way to go for a street car, but I've spent too much on this C6 just to toss it away.
__________________
There is no substitute for cubic inches but my pursuit sure closes the gap




*UPDATE * Pursuit has just run 11.763 and 116.18 mph making it Australias Quickest and fastest unopened boss as well as Australias Quickest and fastest naturally aspirated Boss
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:25   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sydney
Posts: 889
Re: Ran the 488 on the dyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
I've been told the turbo 400 is the best way to go for a street car, but I've spent too much on this C6 just to toss it away.
my c-6 was recoed before i picked up car,put on a trailer and taken off and the front converter bush has welded itself to the converter,only found while doing other work,has worn the front pump housing
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 02:17   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sydney
Posts: 889
Re: Ran the 488 on the dyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black XW
After a long wait and a lot of changes my 488 finally went on the dyno.
The final combo.
Edelbrock heads 95cc chambers
Victor manifold
950 hp holley
Comp cam solid roller 726 lift 252 260 @50
Ross flat tops 10.5 to 1
Manley rods
Made 540 ft/lb @ 3000rpm
Peak 600 ft/lb @ 5000
Peak 609 hp @ 6000
Still had 590 hp @ 6500
That was 3 weeks ago & i,m still grinning like an idiot.Picked up a 460 to c4 bellhousing the other day so now need to find someone to build a box.Thinking of talking to Precise Automatics in Beenleigh.Any suggestions guys.
what time do you think it will run.
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 20:24   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Black XW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brisbane
Age: 49
Posts: 88
Re: Ran the 488 on the dyno

Reece I,ll be happy if it runs an 11, as it will be my daily.
__________________
we cam , we ford , we conquer.
Black XW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:36   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sydney
Posts: 889
Re: Ran the 488 on the dyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black XW
Reece I,ll be happy if it runs an 11, as it will be my daily.
thats great i have got a mild 460 at the moment,but i have got a bit carried away,i have got hold of a set of cobrajet alloy heads,probe stroker steel crank, forged pistons and h-beam 6.7' rods. i am going to use a roller cam i think, just not 100% sold on it yet, what sort of manifold vacuum have you got. i also got a vic jnr manifold as well. any advice. have you got your c-4 sorted out yet.
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech

Related Reading: Ran the 488 on the dyno


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:19.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.