Originally Posted by reece2
hey bill hows it going
Hi Reece and all on the Forum,
I'm finally making some progress on the project.
- I finally got my D3VE Iron heads back a couple of weeks ago from a mate of a mate of mine (he serviced and ported them as a favour from home). He had them for 4 months as he was busy with other family commitments. I got them independantly flowed and they came out sort of OK for my purposes. I don't have the figures in front of me but at 600 lift they flowed 305 cfm on the inlet and 196 cfm on the exhaust. He claims that he could have gone bigger on the inlet but as my main focus is torque, we kept it on the small side.
- We did another trial assembly of the bottom end again on the weekend. Finally its looking good. We had a few issues with the stroker combo as I am using std pin height pistons with shorter rods. I had to do some extra machining of the rods to take the bigger wrist pins and also had to do some clearancing on the crank throws. Its all sorted now.
- This week we will CC the heads, check the compression rato and work out a cam.
- With any luck, the engine will be together within 4 weeks.
- I picked up a C6 off another mate of a mate of mine that had one that was not currently using it. I've given up on the toploader as its too much mucking about for a streeter. It's at an automatic shop getting checked out before I buy it. It is claimed that it can hande 800 HP.
- This weekend I'll finish off preping the manifold and look doing some minor modifications to the CAE extractors I received a little while back.
- In amongst all that I need to renew the Rego on the XY as it is up for renewal.
It's taking some time, but I'm getting there slowly.