Ford Forums banner

swop 305 to a 460 in bronco

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CRUSHU F150 
#1 ·
I have a 88 bronco with a {OK} 305 in it. but I have a 460 that I wont to put in it. I have ben told that there are kits you can get to swop a small block 305 to a big block 460 that has all you will need to do the job but no one knows where from, and i have looked like crazy... so can any of you help?? PLEASE :driver:

#2 ·
ALONGIJR said:
I have a 88 bronco with a {OK} 305 in it. but I have a 460 that I wont to put in it. I have ben told that there are kits you can get to swop a small block 305 to a big block 460 that has all you will need to do the job but no one knows where from, and i have looked like crazy... so can any of you help?? PLEASE :driver:
sorry this post slipped into the archive before i seen it,not that this is probably gunna help. are you in oz or the states. i dont think you can buy a complete kit for this but you can buy everthing though just a little more homework though, i have put 2 in the fseries trucks and it is a relatively easy conversion, we used the car style mounts and made up the steel mounts and welded them in place. i have seen the correct mounts for sale on ebay and various other hi-po stores. if you do make your own keep the diff pinion angle in mind. in one we used a s/hand set of xb extractors that came with mtr and the other just cast original manifolds.we offset the mtr on the one with the extractor about 1 inch as it was a bit close for steering box but that was pretty bodgy but this thing was only in there for about 2 years anyhow. you will have to muck about with rad hoses(make one up by cutting old ones and go to a helpful spares shop and they should let you go through there stock to find one that you can use. you can buy those flexi one fits all hoses but personally i think they are shyte.radiators were ok as both were 351s already and were the large style. a bit of wiring and the rest is straight forward i think it is a relatively easy conversion

#3 ·
yes you can buy all the bits you need from a F truck wrecker.
All Engines in F series trucks are offset to the right, to give the steering more room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.