Ford Forums banner

What's this combo worth?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  reece1 
#1 ·
As mentioned in some of my prior posts, I have been out of the scene for a while.

The reason why I am asking is a long story, but what would you guys be willing to pay for the following combo, considering what is currently available?

It is in used condition disassembled and would need to be freshened up. It would probably need new alloy rods as I dont know how many passes they have done.

BB 385 Series Ford (460)
Stroked to 484 Ci (I think)- STD Crank offset ground
Factory 4-Bolt Block, aftermarket sump, windage tray
Alloy Childs and Albert Custom Rods (can not remember the configeration)
Custom Arias Pistons (very light weight)- Revs to 7,500 RPM
Roller Cam with all the high quality stuff that is required for a roller, such as steel roller rockers, push rods, studs, guide plates etc.
SVO A460 wedge style heads. Inlets flow about 850 HP, not sure about exhaust. They look like they could be ported better.
SVO Single Plane Manifold
Barry Grant 1150 Dominator Carby, Fuel Log, fuel pump (Methanol)
Dry Sump oiling system.

Motor was in a lightweight altered years ago and ran 8.1 sec/ qtr , norm asp, consistantly. From memory this equated to a conservative 730 BHP.

I know some of this stuff is old technology stuff, but what would you guys pay considering it needs to be rebuild and some items checked and possibly replaced?

I would appreciate any input. Thanks Bill.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Bill it depends on what you want to use it for , are we talking race engine or street and strip.Methenol would be a huge hassle on the street has you need to empty the lines every night & no long drives as pulling into the servo might be a problem & being a methonal engine i would guess the compression would be around 13 or 14 to 1 so changing to petrol would mean different pistons.Also i believe alloy rods are no good for street use. So Bill give very carefull consideration to buying second hand.

#3 ·
Black XW said:
Bill it depends on what you want to use it for , are we talking race engine or street and strip.Methenol would be a huge hassle on the street has you need to empty the lines every night & no long drives as pulling into the servo might be a problem & being a methonal engine i would guess the compression would be around 13 or 14 to 1 so changing to petrol would mean different pistons.Also i believe alloy rods are no good for street use. So Bill give very carefull consideration to buying second hand.

Just to clear up a misunderstanding,

This is my second motor, which may, due some unusual circumstances, be returned to me. I have no intention in puting in my XY combo, but would like to know what the the market would bear in paying for this combo as it may for sale soon either in pieces or as a whole engine.

I was sold some time ago, but has not been paid in full as yet. I may be taken back.

Looking as some of the prices quoted, I may salvage some of the bits and build a tuff street combo instead.

Any thoughts ???????????????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.