wont start - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2006, 14:57   #1 (permalink)

wont start

hi, I have a wind machine used for frost protection in a kiwifruit orchard, it has a 460 on a platform 10 metres high, the motor has been totally reconditioned and i have had it running good, but have left it for nearly 3 months and now i cant seem to get it started, i have rechecked the timing and it is set on 6 degrees, i have cleaned and regapped the spark plugs, checked the float level in the carb and have even given it another compression test which was good all around 140 psi, it gets plenty of fuel and has good spark (fiited with electron ignition) as it is not a lot of fun trying to get this thing running 10 metres high on top of a pole im starting to tear my hair out, has anyone got any ideas for my problem
windmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2006, 16:38   #2 (permalink)
wasnt me

Re: wont start

is the fuel 3 months old or is it fresh? are the plugs getting wet with fuel? does it sound like its trying to start at all? any backfiring?firing order correct?

that does sound like a pain in the ass to work on.
Old 02-20-2006, 17:00   #3 (permalink)

Re: wont start

Quote:
Originally Posted by 390wagon
is the fuel 3 months old or is it fresh? are the plugs getting wet with fuel? does it sound like its trying to start at all? any backfiring?firing order correct?

that does sound like a pain in the ass to work on.

yeah fuel is probably 5 to 6 months old, and yes the plugs are getting wet, the firing order is correct but it doesnt want to fire at all, and if i use engine start it fires a little but still wont run, i dont really like to use engine start up there, theres not a lot of places to run if something goes wrong.
windmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > 429-460 Tech