Ford Forums banner

67 GTA - Spot a fake?

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  EBXR 
#1 ·
I bought a 67 Mustang GTA today, well that is what it was presented as. I bought the car because it was worth the asking price, having been completely restored and only in need of minor finishing touches...if it is a true GTA, that is a nice bonus.
I am going to order a Marti report, but I wondered if anyone knew of some ways to quickly identify a fake? If it is a fake, it is a good one. The seller had 2 of them, but is keeping the second and was very straight forward about the problems with the car and walked me through every inch of it pointing out everything done and anything that should be addressed.

All that said, I'm happy to have the car regardless...and look forward to an enjoyable summer

:driver:

#4 ·
What code is the engine? Does it have a tacho dash and all the GT options?
What colour and body style did you get? any pics?
I'll take some pictures tonight when I get home and get the numbers off the car. Oh, and it is the coupe, not the fastback.

The only detail I need to immediately take care of on the car is the right control arm, hopefully not a difficult repair (never done one before).

#6 ·
I've sent in for the Marti Report, so hopefully I'll have that before Friday...but I've never sent for one so I don't know how quick turn around is. In any case, here are the pics I promised. I snapped them quick, so I didn't get interior shots, but it has the deluxe interior in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.