New Girl - 66 HT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Mustangs
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2005, 23:10   #1 (permalink)

New Girl - 66 HT

I just thought I'd say hi. I just got a '66 289 2V that needs some heavy repairs so I figure I'll be here asking questions for awhile.
So.. umm.. Hi!
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2005, 00:56   #2 (permalink)
RATfink Moderator

Re: New Girl - 66 HT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenore 66
I just thought I'd say hi. I just got a '66 289 2V that needs some heavy repairs so I figure I'll be here asking questions for awhile.
So.. umm.. Hi!
Well i will help as much as possible, at the end of the summer i will be a cert tech, jus lmk what i can do.
Oh yeah, i forgot, jus like to say welcome to ford forums, and i hope you enjoy your stay.
OlSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:07   #3 (permalink)

Hey how much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking. I'm in Melbourne so it doesn't really matter much. I'm really a falcon man, but God, I have to have a 1969 mustang some day, maybe make a boss replica or something. How little can you pay for a really run down 69 mustang maybe even without gearbox and engine? I'm guessing it'll be a real problem getting one down here.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:23   #4 (permalink)
Silhouette AU2 XLS Marlin

Hi!

Welcome to the Forums!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:25   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73falcongt
Hey how much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking. I'm in Melbourne so it doesn't really matter much. I'm really a falcon man, but God, I have to have a 1969 mustang some day, maybe make a boss replica or something. How little can you pay for a really run down 69 mustang maybe even without gearbox and engine? I'm guessing it'll be a real problem getting one down here.

Well, for a complete car with minimal rust, bad need of a paint job, a nearly dead engine, filthy interior, original a/c unit and modern cd player... I paid $600. :)

I actually used to see this car around town, back when the paint was new and I was in high school. I moved for a few years, and when I came back I was driving thru the old neighborhood and there it sat under a car port.
It sat and it sat and it sat, so finally I left them a note saying if they were interested in getting rid of it, call me. The guy called 2 days later. First he said 1200, and it was so dirty I made it sound worse than it was and got him down to 600.
I have a feeling the engine problem is something really simple, but now since it sat for 2 years it's going to take a lot of cleaning.

I got lucky. Good luck with your hunt.

And thanks to everyone for the Hello's.
Old 04-26-2005, 21:26   #6 (permalink)
RATfink Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenore 66
Well, for a complete car with minimal rust, bad need of a paint job, a nearly dead engine, filthy interior, original a/c unit and modern cd player... I paid $600. :)

I actually used to see this car around town, back when the paint was new and I was in high school. I moved for a few years, and when I came back I was driving thru the old neighborhood and there it sat under a car port.
It sat and it sat and it sat, so finally I left them a note saying if they were interested in getting rid of it, call me. The guy called 2 days later. First he said 1200, and it was so dirty I made it sound worse than it was and got him down to 600.
I have a feeling the engine problem is something really simple, but now since it sat for 2 years it's going to take a lot of cleaning.

I got lucky. Good luck with your hunt.

And thanks to everyone for the Hello's.
2 years? thats it? my 65 sat since they day we got it, that was the last time we started it up since this past summer and this past summer i had some problems getting it to drive, it would start but wouldnt drive, and i jus relized it was cause theres no trans fluid, cause the previous owner busted the lower trans cover, and i actually jus heard from a guy thats gonna hook me up with a free trans this weekend, so mines getting dropped , and dissasembled, and next week the new ones going in, then she will be ready for the HotRod Power Tour
oh yeah i forgot to mention, i got her when i was 17-18, now im 22
Old 04-27-2005, 09:25   #7 (permalink)

See you know what the problem here in Australia is, 99.9% of the mustangs that'll come up for sale will be advertised for ridiculous amounts not so much because they're worth that much, but because it's not a local car, and its a "MUSTANG". Like you know? Mustangs are known right across the world and are popular as, everyone knows what a mustang is, but not everyone, or not as many people will know what a falcon is for example. Anyway, I usually pick up my cars for cheap, as I do all the work myself on rustbuckets. If I was really serious in buying a 69 mustang I wouldn't bother getting ripped off here, I'd most likely wander around America for a bit and get one there Plus for now I've got my XA coupe (she's so beautiful). By the way, I know the 1970 mustang is differen't to the 69, as far as I can see it's got those horizontal slots where the headlights on a 69 should be, but are the 68 models the same? or 67 for that matter?

By the way Lenore, I like how you say to the guy, let me know if you "wanna get rid of it" I use that one too. Ha Ha. Doesn't work with some cars though. "Oh I see you have a genuine GT40 there, my cousin has one just like it, yeah he got rid of his blue one cause he was gonna buy a yellow one off a mate, yeah.... anyway, if you wanna get rid of it....... give me a buzz........ we'll talk.
Old 04-27-2005, 22:45   #8 (permalink)
RATfink Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73falcongt
By the way Lenore, I like how you say to the guy, let me know if you "wanna get rid of it" I use that one too. Ha Ha. Doesn't work with some cars though. "Oh I see you have a genuine GT40 there, my cousin has one just like it, yeah he got rid of his blue one cause he was gonna buy a yellow one off a mate, yeah.... anyway, if you wanna get rid of it....... give me a buzz........ we'll talk.
what do u mean shes got a GT40????? where did u read that? cause you got my eye rising
Old 04-28-2005, 09:27   #9 (permalink)

Ummmmmmm, no I think you missed it. That sentence in the " " quotation fingers was what you WOULD say to a guy with a GT40 and telling him if 'he wanted to get rid of it", talking about it like it was some $hitheap datsun 120B or something. Could you even afford one how much would one of them be?
Old 04-28-2005, 13:32   #10 (permalink)
RATfink Moderator

the reason my eyes lit up, was a couple years ago a lady in fl got one of the original GT40, handed down from her familly or something like that, so i really thought this was her, me bad....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Mustangs