What Is Top Dollar? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Mustangs
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 09:44   #1 (permalink)
tvl

What Is Top Dollar?

Hello folks!

While I do not have an antique Mustang, I do have one that may be considered "unusual". It is unusual because of its condition:

I have a 1995 Mustang GT (5.0 - Automatic) that I purchased new in September of 1994. It is a hardtop and is fully loaded. The car has never been altered in any way and has never been wrecked, scratched or dented. The car has been garaged from day 1 and has been "babied" as no other car. In fact, the car honestly looks as good as the day it left the dealership ...... inside and out. As difficult as it may seem, the inside has absolutely no sign of wear on the seats, dash, steering wheel, etc. and the carpet is spotless (I keep clear mats over the carpet area). The car has only 27K actual miles.

I am thinking of selling, but I am not going to "give it away". I will wait for the right opportunity or not sell at all. What is top dollar for a 95 Mustang in the condition I described?

Thanks! TVL
tvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2006, 09:12   #2 (permalink)

Re: What Is Top Dollar?

you might be able to get maybe $10000 for it depending where you live.
Dr. Disque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 15:15   #3 (permalink)
tvl

Thanks for your input!

I think I will just let it sit for a few more years. However, I do have one other question. An auto is considered an antique at 25 years or older. Since my Mustang is now 12 years old, would it be reasonable to think the value should now begin appreciating for each year it gets nearer the 25 year mark. Of course, this is assuming I keep it in the same condition as it is today.

Thanks again!
tvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:04   #4 (permalink)

That just depends on whether you model becomes popular as a collectible.\

Cheers
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 23:13   #5 (permalink)

yeah, it really depends on how that car starts to define itself in the next 10 years and your car becomes a "survivor" rather than just a used car in good condition.
Dr. Disque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 17:04   #6 (permalink)

ok if you want to know how much it is worth go to Kelley Blue Book - New Car Pricing, Used Car Values and fillin the info for a used vehicle, after you fill in all the info click on the link that says suggested retail value, it will bring you to a page where you type in the miles and click next to the options it has, click continue and now you have the price its worth for your area
gearhead_ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Mustangs