1972 Thunderbird - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Thunderbirds
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2006, 19:22   #1 (permalink)

1972 Thunderbird

Was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can find a good OEM manual for the 1972 Thunderbird with 460. I specifically want to know about the vacuum configuration and color coding as well as all the stats to make all the wiring and hoses look stock.

I have the 1972 Shop manual set but they say nothing about this. Internet searches turned up nothing and E-Bay is a bust.

I have had the engine rebuilt and am starting on the interior but want to get the engine as close to stock as possible. Also I want to know where the OEM stickers go and what stickers I need. I ordered a sticker kit but am unsure of what all is included.

Thanks all
Mark

P.S. If you want to see her look here

Be sure to check out the before and after picks!
72tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 21:17   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1972 Thunderbird

Like your Bird. I am the second owner of a 72 T-bird with the 460. It is black with read interior and 92k miles. I purchased it in Kansas City in 2000. I purchased it without my wife knowing about it and she was not impressed when I brought it home but I think it has grown on her. I just accessed this site for the first time today as I moved from Nebraska to Phoenix, Az 3 years ago but only today had the car shipped out to me. Funny that you bought yours here. It's just a car that you don't see at the car shows.
If you need a runner to look at parts let me know as I found 2 72's at local junk yards. If you have any advise on how to fix a inoperative clock and fuel gage I would appreciate a starting point to find out the problem. I am more interested in fixing the gas gage at this time.
I can be reached at this site or email bmadison3@cox.net
72 big bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Thunderbirds