'64 seat care - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Thunderbirds
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2006, 16:08   #1 (permalink)

'64 seat care

Hey guys. First time on this board! I have a 64 convertible in pretty good condition, but I've noticed some small dirt/mildew spots in places on the seats, I think from condensation. I don't know if it was on my watch or was always there (only have had it a few months) but I wanted to know what I should use to clean them. What are the seats made out of? It seems like theres a strong coating on them as well...

One other thing--I'm due for brake shoes and was wondering what it might run to put disks on the front while I'm at it?

Thanks in advance,
Devin
Rusherific is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2006, 10:27   #2 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: '64 seat care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusherific
Hey guys. First time on this board! I have a 64 convertible in pretty good condition, but I've noticed some small dirt/mildew spots in places on the seats, I think from condensation. I don't know if it was on my watch or was always there (only have had it a few months) but I wanted to know what I should use to clean them. What are the seats made out of? It seems like theres a strong coating on them as well...

One other thing--I'm due for brake shoes and was wondering what it might run to put disks on the front while I'm at it?

Thanks in advance,
Devin
They are either vinyl, in rare cases leather, or in rarer cases, cloth. For the vinyl, use Vinylex, which is made by Lexol. If they are leather use Lexol Leather Cleaner, followed by Lexol Leather conditioner. What interior trim code do you have on your door tag??? I can look it up for you and tell you the color and material your seats are. Example: 54A=Pearl Beige Vinyl. As for disc brake conversions check with the Master Power Brake Company or Stainless Steel Brake Corp. to see if they make anything.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Thunderbirds