Ford Forums banner

67 TBird 429 - good buy?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  EBXR 
#1 ·
Found a really nice 67 Tbird 429. Great body, light blue, good compression engine, runs fine, 89,000 original.

Here's my question.

I drive a 99 COntour SVT. Ton's o fun. Low milage. I can take my kids to soccer.

But, I want a cool, different, FAST car. What do you all think about me selling the Contour, buying the TBIRD for $5,000 CDN and putting oh, $10 or $15 thousand into restoration, and exterior, tranny, suspension and engine mods?

Is the TBIRD a good car for this kind of mid-life crisis project? Will that kind of dough ever make it a stinkin' fast car. Is the 429 an easy car for the local high performance shop to play with (won't do any of this work myself - don't have the know-how). And, will a 67 Tbird with a modded suspension ever handle close to a more modern car?

Whew. Big question. Thanks in advance for the opinions.

#2 ·
If you like the style of the TBird - go for it. Get it checked out by someone local in the know, and you could have a bargain. There are plenty of go fast bits for the 429- so it can be the stinkin' fast car you desire!

And welcome to Ford Forums morten.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.