T-Bird 62 worth it? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Thunderbirds
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 18:03   #1 (permalink)
User

T-Bird 62 worth it?

As the title says, found one that's been garaged for 50 years LOL. Only has 2K miles on it. Hardtop with black painting and red innards. Everything down to the Ford tape player is original.

I'll probably just cruise it. I know it can't drag for shit.

Guy is retarded and wants 12.900 Euro's. What gives?
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 05:05   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: T-Bird 62 worth it?

" Guy is retarded " Seems to me the guy is on the ball and knows what the value is of such an original , very low mileage car .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:37   #3 (permalink)
User

Well... he's selling an American ride in Euro's, and he put in that it's a 65. It's not, the thing is clearly a 62.

I do realize that it's a very rare item that has value, which is why I'm considering to buy it.

Though, I have some quirks with it. It only has 3 gears, pretty much maxes out at 100 MPH, and burns a ton of gas.

It indeed is a very nice car but I still am not sure about buying it purely due to the amount of gas it outputs.

I already spend a lot of money on my computer hobby and not sure if I want this thing to be hosing my wallet while polluting the air. Inefficiency is something to really consider at this time and date.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:16   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

If I bought a car of that age , in original condition and that mileage , I would not consider driving it at 100 mph .If you are concerned with mpg and top speed , it's not for you .It would be sacrilege to abuse a car of that year and condition with hard driving .
Old 03-25-2013, 07:58   #5 (permalink)
User

You got it sorta wrong.

What I was saying is, the thing just isn't up there with a modern ride as far as it's capabilities are concerned. I can pay for it's gas, it's alright as long as it lasts I'd say.

However, this isn't a house or something that I'm going to rely my life upon. This is nothing more than a hobby vehicle at this time and date. It sure as hell is a cruiser and not a dragger.

Regardless, if I'm buying such thing and paying all that money out of my pocket, then I damn want it to perform as well. I don't want to pussy drive it. It has a Vortex V8 390. cu that is good for 300 HP and 220kW torque and I really want to unleash the beast within.

More so, the fact of it being "classic" or whatever barely means jack anymore now that the thing is ancient. If it wasn't for people like me, it might have just been left in a museum...

and T-Bird's have never been all that great cars anyway. If this was something among the lines of an Eldorado, I'd have agreed. But a T-Bird 62 is just that... it's a cruise car and it barely has much place near the modern rides and roads.

I want it to be scaleable and I want it to ****ing scream on a straight line...
Old 03-25-2013, 10:38   #6 (permalink)
User

Yeah guys, this isn't the ride I'm looking for.

Have changed my vision and am after a 2000 or so 911 Carrera. :D

Most Fords suck anyway LOL. Ford is laughing material... they like have one car out of the line excellent, and the rest complete and utter pieces of crap...
Old 03-25-2013, 10:47   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Thank you for joining fordforums. We are glad to have you as a member of the Ford family.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:49   #8 (permalink)
Moderators

By the way , welcome to the Ford forums . Hope you enjoy your Porsche and post some pictures .
Old 03-25-2013, 11:09   #9 (permalink)
User

Thanks. I haven't decided actually, am still considering stuff.

Well actually, the thing I don't like some Ford's about is their inconsistency to deliver.

I mean, take Ford trucks for example. The Raptor is one hell of a fast truck, so was the SVT Lightning. Though, beyond those, most Ford trucks are majorly inferior to Cummings. I mean, a Power Wagon RAM can take it up on a giant Ford dualie... haven't really gotten the love for Ford trucks. Mostly thought they were shit lol.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:17   #10 (permalink)
Moderators

Better going for 2001 Porsche model / year or later , more reliable .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Thunderbirds

Related Reading: T-Bird 62 worth it?