1971 ford f100 engine swap..HELP!!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Trucks
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 19:04   #1 (permalink)

Question 1971 ford f100 engine swap..HELP!!!!!

HI. i have just bought a 1971 ford f100 sport custom today i took out the old 351w beacouse it has a crank knock and i have a 351m with new everything comp 280 cam bored .30over,pistons,crank,heads.valves ,pushrods ,rockers, springs..
now i know this is not the stock engine because the vin says the truck came with a 302 and i know it is not the stock tranny..beacause it had yellow junkyard markings on it but i do know that it is a c6
i read somewhere that i need an adapter plate for the tranny for the new 351m
also maybe motor mounts?
also none of the timing cover or intake valve covers will fit so i need to get new ones of those
i am also thinking of just getting my 351w rebuilt and putting everything back on that instead of having to buy all new parts..but my main question is would it be easiar to do that because i know the 351w will fit instead of having to buy new parts and adapter plate and motor mounts then trying to get my power steering and such to hook back up i am unsure about all this stuff

please leave any questions comments or tips to help me!!
1971f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2007, 19:09   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1971 ford f100 engine swap..HELP!!!!!

I am sorry but I can't help you. I have searched all over this website and can not figure out how to post a new thread/question. Can you tell me how? Thanks Rellis
rellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 19:17   #3 (permalink)

Re: 1971 ford f100 engine swap..HELP!!!!!

ok ... well ur looking at other ppls thread and click on right top corner of threads post new thread
anyone ealse plz help me!!!
1971f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Trucks