cold nature truck - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Trucks
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 07:38   #1 (permalink)
I love 67-72 ford trucks

cold nature truck

What does it mean when a vehicle is cold nature? What do you replace for the vehicle to overcome the cold nature part? How are you able to drive it when its cold outside in the winter months?
davbell22602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2009, 09:22   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: cold nature truck

Cold nature to me means my vehicle will run like crap until it's warmed up. I have an older truck that's cold natured, I have to keep it running for a few minutes after starting because it will not idle correctly when cold. Once warmed up it runs like a top. In my case, the problem it's a non-working choke.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:07   #3 (permalink)
I love 67-72 ford trucks

My truck had a automatic choke on it. Then when I replaced the carb I put a manual choke on it. Starts right up but run like crap when cold outside until truck warms up. It almost acts like something froze in the motor because when I start it runs rough until the truck is warmed up.
Old 01-27-2009, 21:31   #4 (permalink)
1969 f-100 custom cab.

Most of the time all carburated motors that have a manual choke will be cold natured because we cant exactly get it complety in the right spot for it to run or idle right. But an electric choke should solve this problem because it uses a combination of air-flow and vacuum to place it exactly where it needs to be chocked at. If an electric choke dont solve all of the problem it should at least help it some. (my 1969 ford with a 360cdi motor and an Edelbrock 600cfm manual choke carb is cold natured. I cant even drive it until it runs for about 5 minutes in 35 degrees weather.)

Hopefully I have answered your questions.
freeline95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:56   #5 (permalink)
I love 67-72 ford trucks

Thats why I changed it to manual choke because I hard time getting it to start when having a automatic choke on it. It starts easier when having manual choke carb on 360 motor. I installed a 2bbl. 500 cfm holley.
Old 01-28-2009, 14:36   #6 (permalink)
1969 f-100 custom cab.

hmmmm..... well i never had trouble out of an automatic choke when starting a vehicle with one on it, the carb could be just a little bit out of adjustment or the choke could be out of adjustment whichever. sorry my info didn't help. Maybe its just that cold natured.
freeline95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:13   #7 (permalink)
I love 67-72 ford trucks

I had several people here in winchester, va area say that automatic choke carbs dont run right on the 70's model ford trucks and to switch it over to manual choke so its better controlled at a sitting still when running at stop lights etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Classic Trucks