Above "Paint" - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2002, 17:21   #1 (permalink)
svoghia

Red face Above "Paint"

yes it is a sad story on the VT/X cars have shit paint. dads company car has that Tungsten Mica Paint , Its a VTII 01. and it is thiner than ****ing water paints that kiddies use. he does alot of traveling its done 85000 in just over a year and a half and the front end needs a respray. We didnt have this problem with the EL FALC. No wories, if people brag about holdens and how good they are. Slap them down. Ford are Real Cars. Esp when in accidents the front end is stong as. In commodores they are all Al'a Plastico Firewall and, well i rest my case.

Give me an AUIII or EL Futura any day.

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2002, 17:31   #2 (permalink)
Ex Member

Re: Above "Paint"

Quote:
Originally posted by svoghia
yes it is a sad story on the VT/X cars have shit paint. dads company car has that Tungsten Mica Paint , Its a VTII 01. and it is thiner than ****ing water paints that kiddies use. he does alot of traveling its done 85000 in just over a year and a half and the front end needs a respray. We didnt have this problem with the EL FALC. No wories, if people brag about holdens and how good they are. Slap them down. Ford are Real Cars. Esp when in accidents the front end is stong as. In commodores they are all Al'a Plastico Firewall and, well i rest my case.

James
I knew they were shyte regardless, if the battery sheilding and thin paint, if they are the cost cutting mesures we're aware of, just imagine how many there are that we dont know of.

Atleast fords dont need body bracing for medium- heavy towing aplications. The peices of crap crappadores bend, probly have a tin foil subframe. Only a true moron would consider a commonwhore a better car that a falcon. Wake up you god damn troglodytes. Falcons are better period.
Old 06-12-2002, 17:52   #3 (permalink)
svoghia

roll I know

Yeah , the ass sags under load, i mean sags. like almost hitting the ground , and this is with the 1600kg tow pack. where the factoy fited tobar is linked in the boot, the actual metal is bent out of shape. i will get a photo of it. to show what i mean. Thank god its going in a month and he is going to get an AUIII Futura Wagon. in Narooma Blue. Atleast we can go traveling and carry our race car around now with out having to worry about if the ass is going to hit the ground. LONG LIVE LIVE AXLE. the only reason ford put IRS in the AU series sedans because GMH put it in the Crapadore. i dont see the difference in LA to IRS. execpt IRS sags.

James
Old 06-12-2002, 21:32   #4 (permalink)
Australian EL Wagon Member

Re: Above "Paint"

Quote:
Originally posted by svoghia

James
I'll second that !! Go the EF/EL's !!! :-)

Cheers,
Steve
Old 06-12-2002, 22:40   #5 (permalink)
1 bad 302

Re: Re: Above "Paint"

Quote:
Originally posted by dcstraight

I'll second that !! Go the EF/EL's !!! :-)

Cheers,
Steve
I'll definitely third that one.
dragonV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 23:28   #6 (permalink)
aurora

The new Monaro bends in the middle just like the old Monaro's did and on gravel roads VT is just shocking
You tuch the brakes and it want's to fall over.
Add to that heaps of body roll.
I stuck with L.A. on my AU1 because i was concerned about vehicle weight. 80 kilos is a lot of weight for IRS.
The paint issue is probably well known. There's no shine on the bastards.
Old 06-13-2002, 00:01   #7 (permalink)

The old saying that people in glasshouses shouldnt throw stones applies here.
As much as I hate to say it, the paint on Falcons isnt great either, At the Canberra 400 there was a new Pursuit 250 Ute in silver with the hard tray cover on display in the Ford Merchandise tent.
Having a close look I noticed the paint on the cover was so thin in places you could see the undercoat. As it was under a big fluro light it made it so noticable, but unacceptable for any car letalone one that costs $50k+
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 01:34   #8 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

I had to have my boot resprayed under, not painted properly.

...and since when was FF a place to mention Holden problems? It's a Ford garage!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint