Anyone got Wynns paint protection?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2002, 22:40   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Anyone got Wynns paint protection??

Hi,

I have an AU that has got the Wynns paint protection. And Just yesterday after I washed it I noticed that it has little tiny specks of what looks like rust all over the rear bumper.

Could this be rust? If it is what are my options as the warranty has lapsed about a month or so agao (typical!).

I have not checked if it is anywhere else....

Is Wynns or Ford liable to fix this or am I up shit creek without a paddle as usual.
TheBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2002, 23:05   #2 (permalink)

Rust on the bumper?!?! The bumper is plastic, isn't it?

Take it to a ford dealer and see what they say.
Old 06-10-2002, 23:37   #3 (permalink)
My name is Forrest....

Bumper is made from Mineral and Rubber FIller polypropylene with a glass fill poylpropylene re-inforcement bar across the back.

I have seen this problem once or twice on various cars, usually after I've been using an angle grinder or similar nearby.

Specks of metal rest on the surface, get wet then rust, and it can stain the paint...usually need a good clean with a paint cleaner then waxing.
Old 06-11-2002, 16:31   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

OMG,

I think you have hit the situation exactly, I once had to get the angle grinder out and make a "mod" to the boat trailer to get it off due to a weirdly sloped driveway.

This was ages ago however so I am suprised that the metal stuck to the paint. Oh well I'll get out the meguiars paint cleaners and git it a go and see if it removes rusty stuff.

If not then I guess I am screwed, oh well I want to get rid of the car anyhow so it's no big deal..
TheBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 01:31   #5 (permalink)
aurora

Forget Meguiars, Omikron professional is far better. Also have paint protection and think that it effects washing time. I use a karcher pro sprayer and omikron super gloss car wash and find that it dries really fast even in shade and sometimes doesn't want to dry (dry cotton rags leave wet streaks. I get there eventually but it does get annoying sometimes. The shine is still as good as it was new but boy it's a pain to wash sometimes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint