BA FALCON GT POOR BODYWORK - any feedback ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2005, 00:42   #1 (permalink)

frown BA FALCON GT POOR BODYWORK - any feedback ?

I own a Black BA GT and while satisfied with the mechanical aspects of the vehicle I am far from satisfied with the body work or FPV's response so far.
The problems most notably are:
1: The rear bumper is a completely different shade of black to the body.
2: Cracks are appearing around the vents on the skirt, both sides.
3: The front bumper is chipping very badly at only 3000K's

After speaking with FPV I was referred to City Ford. The City Ford Manager advised me that there was a problem with the paint. Fpv contacted me and told me that the manager was not qualified to comment and referred me to Grawill Motors where once again I was told that the finish was not satisfactory, once again I have been redirected by FPV to Alto ford which I have not yet visited.

Note to FPV - This is a $65K Falcon, buyers deserve better.

My previous vehicle was a VXII Clubsport which displayed none of these problems.

Im interested to hear from other owners with experience of the FPV round about ?
Thanks,
yarram67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2005, 05:25   #2 (permalink)

confused Re: BA FALCON GT POOR BODYWORK - any feedback ?

You are not alone mate - next time You see a " Lightning Strike " FORD / FPV vehicle check out the difference in shades between bumpers and body...
The plastic trims and bumpers appear champagne in colour and are not even of the same shade.
And most disturbing why can HOLDEN (and others...) match their equivalent to "Lightning Strike" also a very light silver to a higher standard to that of my GT ?
For example smear marks in undercoat showing through, scratches around FPV logo on boot, ever so small however visible dint on bonnet, insufficient coverage of undercoat around fog lights are not things to expect when taking delivery of a brand new vehicle.
I agree with You and I know how pissed off You must be.
Good luck with Warranty / Repair , CRC , Dealer Principal...
At the end of the day it's Your money mate - give 'em shit till they sick of seeing You ( within reason , since the paintjob was buggered up elsewere )

SHAME ON FPV QUALITY CONTROL - or is it quantity control after all ?
erratic driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 17:57   #3 (permalink)

Re: BA FALCON GT POOR BODYWORK - any feedback ?

I do not have an issue with FPV (because I don't have an FPV car), but following the purchase of my BA XR8, I have had trouble with CityFord (as you did) and Ford HQ, following a complaint (which has not been resolved by either entity). I also bumped into another XR8 owner last year who had Ford refund the total cost for that owner to have their entire car resprayed due to poor paintwork.

Frustrating, and nice to know (on some level) we are not alone...
Splice XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 02:36   #4 (permalink)

biggrin Re: BA FALCON GT POOR BODYWORK - any feedback ?

All plastic parts affected by yellowing effect ( bleed through ? ) will be resprayed or replaced on the affected "lightning strike" GT , covered under warranty.
Ford warranty dudes were very helpful and understanding and handled this in an utmost professional manner.
I still would like to know how the heck this vehicle left FPV ...
I started to doubt my sanity with the yellowing effect , it pi**ed me off to no end yet was not very noticable at times , yet at other times it stood out like the proverbial.
But all the way I was backed up by the ford dudes and they did not even try to suggest that it was acceptable.
Very , very happy :-)

Finally the Flawed Parts Vehicle will resemble a Ford Performance Vehicle.
erratic driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint