BA silver trim paint - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2003, 19:10   #1 (permalink)

BA silver trim paint

hey guys. i want to paint the door handles and stereo surround etc in the same paint as the BA falcon has on its trim peices. where do i get this paint and how much does it cost? would i also put a clear coat over it? does anyone know the paint code? thanks for your help
joelburden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2003, 17:06   #2 (permalink)

someone must know?
joelburden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 20:13   #3 (permalink)
100MPH Hunter

Re: BA silver trim paint

No I don't know , but I wouldn't mind trying to find out the paint code or colour of the silver in the AUII/III's in the side strip???

AUII XR8 (200kw), Silhouette, Body Kit, Hawk Wing, 5 Speed man, Premium Brakes, Premium Sound, Genie Extractors, 3" exhaust with twin 3" tips, K & N filter with air scoop, Polished Inlet manifold, MAF & 70mm T/B, T series interior handles & Gear stick ring, Chequer plate, Momo Pedals.
TwinPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:21   #4 (permalink)
Fu(kn Slow & Low

i painted my dash surrounds in my ea, turned out sick but then started to wear off, make sure you use primmer for plastic and buy clear too, i only bought the clear and the colour, i never used the primer so its starting to come off. which looks dodge! i bought cans from motorquipe, for paint its $20 (2 cans of subaru silver) and 1 can of clear which was $9... cheap as and looked great with my old pioneer deck b4 it got stolen.

next time im going to buy some second hand trim pieces and replace the coloured ones to make it original. with the painted trim pieces im going to experiment by sanding them down so there not like a crocodile skin look, which is gonna take some time. let us know if you do find it.

good luck

Ehab
White 1988 EA Fairmont Ghia ~ Gassed ~ EF camshaft ~ Lowered on super low king springs (not low enough) ~ 2.5inch cat back exhaust system with one muffler ~ Clear indicators ~ Simota POD filter ~ New head built for gas ~ 3.23 open wheeler diff ~ EF XR 16inch rims ~ pioneer deck and rear speakers ~ sony front speakers ~ kyb shocks

driving a 3 speed auto with no second gear!!!
Need PSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 03:12   #5 (permalink)
.au member

twinpiston - if you're talking about the silver side strips that go along the doors, i'm pretty sure the colour is Liquid Silver (code is LD i think but I'll check that for you just to make sure). Dad's AUII is this colour and the side strips are exactly the same as the rest of the body.
back2thefutura is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint