BA XT Headlight Repair - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2006, 07:03   #1 (permalink)

BA XT Headlight Repair

The passenger side headlight is in need of a fix but would like know how to take apart the headlight to access inside the glass / plastic.

One of the chrome / silver ring thing in front of the black surrounds had fallen off due to a crack on the top of the ring and therefore broke off somehow... maybe caused by a thump over a pothole or speedhump.

I think it might be OK to superglue the chrome / silver ring back onto the black surrounds but wanted to make sure if it was possible to access the inside of the headlights and anything I need be aware of not to damage the light in the process.

I really don't want to fork out too much money for a replacement headlight.

Thanks.

Men are better navigators than women however we men hesitate to ask for directions when lost.
falcon4250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2006, 04:55   #2 (permalink)

Re: BA XT Headlight Repair

I ended up calling the dealer, as I needed to confirm again that my car warranty was still valid. Thank goodness, i can get the headlight replaced under warranty. booked my car in for warranty service tomorrow morning so i'll see & tell how it goes tomorrow.

Men are better navigators than women however we men hesitate to ask for directions when lost.
Old 06-22-2006, 22:49   #3 (permalink)

Hooray... all good. Had the headlight replaced under warranty. Thanks & cheers.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:56   #4 (permalink)

I can fix it for you - but most time the chrome rim will have struck the inside of the lens and marking it - if u can put up with that - then give me a call - I can do it for around $88 plus 2 way postage to Melbourne of about $50 all up
regards
peter
peter@headlightandheater.com.au
headlight_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint