Body work - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2004, 23:10   #1 (permalink)
1972 XA GS Fairmont

Body work

As some of you might no i crashed the XA into a VT. The drivers side guard on the XA was stuffed so i got another from the wreckers. I now drive a VP Commodore Wagon for work and the XA is now a project. The guard i got from the wreckers was black and looked pritty straight........ untill i started stripping it. There were around 8 coats of paint and dints all over the guard but no rust. I spent a few weeks on the guard to try and get it as best as i could. Just primed it and its come up really well, very happy with it, it is as straight as the rest of the XA's panals now. What brand/sort of spray gun should i buy? I've got access to a compresser and hoses.
My other question is i plan on giving the XA a respray while its off the road. The rest of the paint on the XA is in very good nick so i take it i just give that paint a sand and prime straight over it. Is this right?

Thanks Chris
XA Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint