chips - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2006, 08:21   #1 (permalink)

chips

Hey Troops, Ive got an 06 gt in black with 4700km on the clock.But i tell ya the paint is just peeling off this thing.I must have 10 paint chips in the hood and fenders.Anyone out there having this problem or any one know why.This is my 8th black car and i have nver seen paint come off like this.
Rod
roddavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2006, 03:30   #2 (permalink)

Re: chips

Black Cars!

Hi there,
I am a motor vehicle painter by trade. I am a motor vehicle painter by trade and an ex-car salesman.

If it is under warranty, go back to the dealer and put your case forward.

Without viewing the car, it is possible to be many factors...paint chips are obviously from small stones hitting at speed. If this is not overly the case, it could be poor surface prep under the paint causing a lack of adhesion or it might have the incorrect ratio of hardener to paint in the top coat. In any case, the bonnet could require refinishing to do the job right. Get some quotes from three reputable paint shop and go back to your dealer armed with some evidence in hand, they might come to an agreement with you now or at trade-in time.

Any more Q's, just ask.

Regards
Old 10-11-2006, 06:15   #3 (permalink)

Re: chips

Then again...whilst peters advice is true enough....you could also cease and desist from tailgating.

With the miles on your car, that many chips can only come from tailgating, as manufacturers processes are kept so tight these days....not to say the odd one doesn't slip through

Cheers
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint