chrome paint - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2002, 23:41   #1 (permalink)

chrome paint

hey guys
i want peoples opinion on whether chroming the strip above the number plate on a wagon would look good? the rest i would do the same colour as the car- metallic light blue. i may also do the shroud around the tape deck?
has ne1 used this chrome spray paint? does it work well?
ne imput would be great.
joelburden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2002, 01:46   #2 (permalink)

my opinion is that chrome spray paint looks poxy and should be called silver spray paint because it doesn't even look chrome, but do whatever tickles your fancies mate
cogo_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 01:56   #3 (permalink)

There is a new chrome paint that looks like chrome - it is used to give all those ricers the nice "chrome" mags they seem to love. I'm not sure where it is available.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 23:05   #4 (permalink)

well i got some of the chome paint and this is what it looks like on the handles- pretty good i reckon. what doz every1 else think?
it only cost $15 for a big can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg handle.jpg (42.1 KB, 88 views)
Old 09-25-2002, 03:27   #5 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

apparently there is a relatively new thing out...they put your piece of whatever you want done into a special container....then they actually explode a chunk of aluminium and the aluminium powder sticks to whatever the object may be.
Apparently it comes out REALLY well and you dont even have to polish it or anything.
Im not sure on the cost but apparently its not too dear....by the way its not powdercoating...thats a completely different process.

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 07:29   #6 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

I did something similar a while back as an experiment, I'll have to post a photo of it sometime. I used chrome paint aswell, but after handling it a bit you notice it rubs off and ruins the consistency and shine of the paint. Basically it holds up like shit. What brand did you use by the way? And how is it holding up for you? I have to try using clear coat on the chrome paint, otherwise its no good.

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 16:53   #7 (permalink)

dont use clearcoat coz it makes the light not shine directly off the paint and it turns grey. im a bit worried how it will hold up- lucky i only did 1. c how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint