Ford Forums banner

GT350 Stripes removed Damaged Paint

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 ·
So I researched the best way to remove the vinyl stripes from the gt350. There are plenty of online posts and YouTube videos. So I took a hairdryer and started from the back and started pulling them off. It was really easy actually and I had no issues whatsoever pulling them off. However when I got to the hood there where 5 small areas where there was a buildup of glue and dirt. Probably from when installing it and flattening them out. There was also a small dent the size of pen top at the front of the hood where it looked like a piece of dirt was flattened down into the hood instead of out the side or something.
So I take it to the dealer and they take pictures and call me a couple days later to tell me Ford says they denied repair on it. I don't understand why. It was due to the installation of these vinyl stickers that they put on a beautiful paint job. I don't know what my other options are but to complain but I don't know who to complain to. Has anybody dealt with Ford denying repair and what did you have to do?

Thanks for hearing me out at least. To top it off a connector on the cold air intake broke off and they haven't gotten back to me in 2 weeks on what they are gonna do about that either. It's not like a proper fuel and air mixture is needed to maintain a working engine or anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.