paint problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2004, 22:19   #1 (permalink)

paint problems

hi everyone i have 66 falcon so it has a metal dash. i set about repainting it today. did about 3 hours prep. when i was finally ready to start painting i gave it a first coat and all looked good. when i came back to do the secon in a 6-7 areas the paint sorta bubbled. i let it dry and had a feel of it and it seemed to be more of a clear substance rather than a bubble. this made me think that the paint was shit. i went and bought better paint sanded back the areas a little and use the 'better' paint with the same result. am i missing something simple here or is it a reaction to the old paint (not primed just sanded back with 800). please help. after 6 hours of work i think i might be starting from the begining again so don't want it to happen again.

I forgot to ask another question so here it is. my car has just been resprayed. i have washed her a few times and find that the water doesn't run on the paint. sounds wierd i know but alot of the water will just sitt on the body even on the side panels. i am left with alot of drops. this wouldn't bother me but when any moisture gets on the car it doesn't run it sits, dry;s and leaves it looking like a dalmation of dirt. is this normal, good, bad? i'm not sure why it happens

thanks

Last edited by freshinXR; 03-18-2004 at 22:35.
freshinXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2004, 00:26   #2 (permalink)

Re: paint problems

You should of used wax and grease remover before you painted the dash and it should of been primed aswell, as for the paint it will always bead water when it has just been painted thats why you need to chamios it.
cogo_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 00:31   #3 (permalink)
known as tibbo

prime it or at least seal it first. Sounds like it has 'crazed'..

Give it a wash, chamios and a good wax polish..

As Cogo said fresh paint needs a polish or a wax to get the water running
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 05:32   #4 (permalink)

Depending on how it was painted....ask the painter for recommendations as you dont want to seal in solvents that are trying to escape from the fresh paint.....
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint