Red Ford KA - Small white paint flecks all over? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2005, 07:13   #1 (permalink)

Red Ford KA - Small white paint flecks all over?

I bought a Ford Ka a few months ago as a 'pre-registered' and noticed recently a very fine white pain fleck all over the red metal and the black plastic, even the glass. Its so fine as to not be clearly visible. Only on the outside, not the inside.

The Ford garage I bought it off, state that it 'must' of happened after I bought it , however I have no idea how such as dusting of white/silver paint may occur?

Has anybody else noticed this on their car at all?
Any tips on how I may try to remove it?

Thanks, Chris
royles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2005, 03:46   #2 (permalink)
old B - new B

Re: Red Ford KA - Small white paint flecks all over?

i have seen this a couple of times on my customers cars.

one had been parked in the street near where a new block of units were being painted on a windy day. was an old car so the guy didnt care. thought it was funny to have a spotted car.

another was a week old mica red mazda 3 st/i. lady hadn`t noticed till i showed her. she was spewin.
she tracked it down that her teenage son had decided to paint his pushy in the garage the night before. the paint mist had floated around and settled all over the new car.

i was able to polish most of it off the paint with a lot of elbow grease and a collection of Meguirers products.

the glass you can clean with super fine steel wool - 00 grade - or a razor blade scraper [ when using a scraper always use a new blade and plenty of soapy water so you dont scratch the glass ].

not sure how to get it off the plastic ?????? maybe a plastic welder might have some ideas for that.

good luck
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:39   #3 (permalink)

go to your local paint supplier and ask for some cleaner clay that will clean over spray off anything
krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:30   #4 (permalink)

if it dont come off the plastics you can get a plastic black refurbishing paint.
SVONo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 14:15   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for all the tips, will try them and let you know how I get on.
We don`t think it is white paint, as it totally covers the outside from all directions - even below - which is really wierd. Still - will see if we can persuade it to come off.
royles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint