Removing EL Bumper - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2003, 06:58   #1 (permalink)

Removing EL Bumper

Could someone please tell me how to remove the back bumper of an EL so that i can take this ugly towbar off my car. Thanx
Lowered: KingSprings 30mm All round
EL GT Rims
Stereo: 2x Alpine Type R Subs, MRD-M605 Alpine Amp, 4x150w VDO Amp, Alpine 5.25 Type R Splits, Alpine 6.5 Type R 2ways, Alpine CDA 7894RB Headunit
XRLENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2003, 00:34   #2 (permalink)

hey

How are you , if you have a basic socket set with larger sizes its a peace of piss.

open boot lid

remove carpet and what ever else.

From memeroey they changed the b/bar brakets from being straight forward to stupidity and so on.

They the brackets are locatoted on the side of the chassie rails remove some rubber bungers and hey presto there there their., 9/16 or somthing like that , and just for fun a 10 mill bugger around the side above the mud flap,,

and just to make your day there are some werid arse brakerty with some pop rivrots that are joined to the spaer wheel well....

When i was in the motor trade , i got out in 99 , we were a repair shop for Hertz and every second falcon had to have the rear b/bar removed as they do..

As for the rear tow bar dependes on what make and brand and whom fitted it , be careful of wires and the like

Id give a tow bar shop a go and see what the price is shorliy it can not be that bad .

any who see how you go.
slothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 01:39   #3 (permalink)

XRLENT
gday,What sort of tow bar is it you are removing ?
I need the heavy duty(haymen reace square box section style) to fit to my EL XR6 so I can tow a car trailer.

If so do you what to sell it?. Got any photos?
Old 06-23-2003, 06:29   #4 (permalink)

thanx for your help. I dug up some past threads on removing bumper bars. I am no way merchanicly minded and have never taken the bumper off before. All up it took me two hours. Would have been a lot eaiser if some1 else was home giving me a hand to hold the nuts while i undid them so they wouldt spin. Anyway 2 hours later an theirs no sign of a towbar.

That leads me to my next thread. The towbar is a heavy duty Haymen Reece. The square one. All nuts and bolts included. If your interested let me know how much. I better check wat their worth.
Lowered: KingSprings 30mm All round
EL GT Rims
Stereo: 2x Alpine Type R Subs, MRD-M605 Alpine Amp, 4x150w VDO Amp, Alpine 5.25 Type R Splits, Alpine 6.5 Type R 2ways, Alpine CDA 7894RB Headunit
XRLENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint