Replacing window seal - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2006, 19:46   #1 (permalink)
NielO

Replacing window seal

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone knows how to replace the lower window seal on the driver side of an eb falcon? It's cracked and im worried about rain getting in. Can't find anything in the workshop manual or in other threads. I assume the door trim and possibly the mirror will need to be removed, but it appears that it may be glued to the door? Just seeking advice before i go at it blindly.

Cheers
anthonynielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2006, 07:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: Replacing window seal

G'day,
i have to assume you are talking about the outer seal...part of the top door mould.

If so its easy, no need to remove the door trim.

IT can also be done without mirror removal, but i don't suggest that until you've done one or two.

First of all remove the mirror, there are 3 screws, one is exposed in front of the door seal, the other two are under the plastic corner cover. Gentle pressure on thecorner cover will release it. Under the cover is a rubber type triangle seal, that if you are careful can be removed without damage, and replaced onto the door with no extra adhesive. Under this is the other 2 screws for the mirror. If the mirror is electric, you will need to disconnect the loom...it comes apart reasonably easily...if you look at it closely enough you can see the holding clips.

Once you have the mirror off, at the rear of the door, along the line of the mould you will find one black phillips head screw...reasonably small, remove this. Wind down the window, and simply pull the mould off.

Fitting of the new mould is basically a reverse procedure. simply bump it on with the palm of your hand, working backwards and forwards increasing the pressure until its seated properly. (the mould has the hole in it for the retaining screw, so be sure to line this up correctly with the screw hole in the door frame.

Cheers
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 21:30   #3 (permalink)
NielO

Cheers Jas,

However i went to ford today to order the mould, and was told that it isnt made any more! I guess i'll have to search the wreckers for a decent one...
anthonynielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:45   #4 (permalink)

JESUS!!

thats surprising given how many they made! Surely one of the dealers would have one in stock. The ford computer does check stock in other dealerships....did they do that for you?

I have an EB...and love it.....ok after 14 years and 350,000 k's of motoring i am finally replacing it....with an 84 MQ patrol....but i will always reccomend and E series as a good car...and bloody cheap now!

Cheers
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 17:42   #5 (permalink)

maybe you could get some tips here

goodluck!
Hubbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint