rolling guards - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2005, 20:48   #1 (permalink)

rolling guards

well im after about 8 months of having my car lowered and knowing i would eventually need to have my guards rolled it finally happened my shit street made the inside of the guard get pushed out. so im now in need of having to get my guards rolledi was wondering if anyone else has had this done and how much it cost them? i got a couple of quotes from local panel beaters but one was for $600 and $500 and included respraying both guards as well. now i think that seems a little over the top and i dont see why both guards need to0 be resprayed i meancouldnt a small touch up fix the damge which u cant really see anyway.
regards from adam
WILD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2005, 00:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: rolling guards

A mate of mine just had his car done, not too sure how much it cost him, but all they did was bolt a machine onto the front hubs and it runs around the guard perfectly and didn't mark the paint at all. If you were in brisbane i could tell the name of the place and they'd be able to do the same for ya. $500-600 sounds a little to expensive.
xemeanmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 06:08   #3 (permalink)

Don't do it...Try having the Offset of your Rims changed first !!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 21:26   #4 (permalink)

what do u mean offset of my rims changed isnt that alot worse than simply having my guards rolled. i would have thought it would cost less than $200 to have the front 2 guards rolled. even if i change the offset of ym rims how will that help when i get my 19's
Old 03-28-2005, 06:03   #5 (permalink)

I just do not like butchering the Body or Panels on a Car.I have seen some good Cars wrecked by people for Wheel Clearance.I had a Genuine XW GT Project Car once that was really straight,but some peanut had gone and cut a heap of slits in each rear wheel arch radius with a Hack-Saw and then hammered it all up.I have also seen people use a Porta-Power to pump out their Quarter Panels on Cars for Wheel clearance and then regret it later.I have seen a Genuine XY GT that had the rear dogs legs chopped out and radiused and all I can say is 'Butchers'.In many cases you can also actually devalue your car with such modifications even if they cost you money to have done.IMO if it cost slightly or even significantly more to change the offset of my Wheels and it proves to be functional and succesfull,then that is the way to go.Do you really need such humungous Wheels??Are you having major traction or handling problems?Is it a race car?Just think about it a little more maybe...goodluck !!!
Old 03-30-2005, 02:05   #6 (permalink)

i didnt mean tubbing it or anything i meant rolling or lippping the guards all they do is go over the inner part of the guard that sticks out at a 90 degree angle and the shift it so it points straight up i can underrstand what u mean if u thought i meant tubbing or flaring the guards
Old 03-30-2005, 06:59   #7 (permalink)

I know you did'nt mean Tubbing and I still say don't do it...But it's up to you,Goodluck !!
Old 04-02-2005, 19:33   #8 (permalink)

When you roll the guards you have to get the panels resprayed as the paint effectively 'streches'. If you don't get the panels sprayed you will start to notice the paint cracking under the clear which will eventually crack the clear and your up for a respray anyway. $500-600 actually sounds pretty good considering you'll get two guards rolled and resprayed.
I know of someone who fitted 19" BBS CH wheels to his BMW 330 (with individual paint mind you read: very expensive), rolled the guards and sure enough the paint began cracking a few weeks later...
chich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 20:02   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeh
I know you did'nt mean Tubbing and I still say don't do it...But it's up to you,Goodluck !!

and I agree with lukeh, i dont like it being done either

if i was to buythe car I would be thinking about the repair costs and whether i could find other good guards.....yep change your mags...
compact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:23   #10 (permalink)

well i ended up booking the car in there only ended up costing $500 so thats pretty good i reckon for respraying both guards as well, he knows what hes doing as he has a hsv maloo ute that is as low as my car with the 19's and hes had to do all this to that as well ill let u know how it all went
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint