Saggy, Baggy bumper bars. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2002, 04:39   #1 (permalink)

Saggy, Baggy bumper bars.

Hey All

Wonder if you've had this problem on your EA-ED Falcon's bumper bars. I got my car back from the smash repairs and she looks a pearler all but one thing, my front bumper bar sags on the left. My brother took it back to the smash repairs and the idiot claimed to my brother that he broke it? Has anyones bumper bars just spontanously fallen off or came loose due to dodgy pegs or is it the way they are put on contribute to the problem? My old font bumper bar 3 years old before it got bingled was a perfect fit always. I don't think they would make dodgy bumper unless this smash repairs did the dodge and put clone parts instead of geniune Ford OE with excessive force as well?

When my brother took it back to the smash repairs they treated him like he'd done something wrong and being my bro he thought he did....

Bullshit if he hit something with it there would be a mark and there was'nt the top left peg did'nt fit right. Probably some rookie panelbeater bashed the bumper bar in and bashed the pegs with exeptional force. They put glue on one side to try and hide the broken peg. Question 1 is the top pegs on the pumper bar attached to it? Question 2 can you get new pegs or do you have to replace the whole bar?

This seems to be turning into a big insurance wrangle i hope not?
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2002, 05:37   #2 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

I have bought an aftermarket bar 4 me EB. It has a hole in the very edges 4 a bolt so it wont sag down, i had to drill up through the bottom lip of the front guard then put a bolt through, it works really well and was fuking easy 2 do. my mate is gonna try it with his standard front bar, so i will let u know how he goes, i cant see any probs with it tho 2 easy 2 do - simple fix.
Old 07-11-2002, 22:41   #3 (permalink)
XR Wannabee

I find that the rear bumper is the biggest problem on most EA/EB's I remember my EA bumper used to sag on the left.

I have noticed a heap of other EA/EBs with the same problem but I spose it is just cos I am looking for it.

95' EF Falcon Series II
Spinksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint