Subaru...What colour? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2005, 21:52   #1 (permalink)

Subaru...What colour?

There was a colour realeased in 2000 or 2001 on the WRX's

It was a special release colour...it was a pastel yellow

I have even asked the bloody subaru dealers here and they reackon that they cant tell me without the car being here....WTF

Anyway....i am slightly hopeing that maybe someone out there knows...or knows someione who knows

Thanks guys

and yes ive been to the paint shops....and they tell me ....ya gotta code mate.....Slack is what i think
compact is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2005, 03:12   #2 (permalink)
Who wants more than 80kw?

Re: Subaru...What colour?

I think theres a place in Australia called colour tech that will know.

I had a lot of trouble getting the code for 'shockwave' blue. I eventually badgered my ford dealer into getting the code 4 me and apparently they called colour tech and got the code off of them, since they didnt have the car in the lot.

Apparently they are the national paint dealers for many car companies.
81foXDwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 03:52   #3 (permalink)

Here is a Link to some Subaru Paint Colours and Codes... http://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/...aint_names.cgi
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 03:58   #4 (permalink)

I Cut and Pasted on the actual Page of Yellow Subaru Paints but for some reason it won't Link to it...So you'll have to just use the Link and then go to Search at the top of the Page,then click on small 'Link' word in purple. After that,just type in Yellow and Subaru in the bottom two boxes...Goodluck !!!
Old 04-05-2005, 20:41   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeh
I Cut and Pasted on the actual Page of Yellow Subaru Paints but for some reason it won't Link to it...So you'll have to just use the Link and then go to Search at the top of the Page,then click on small 'Link' word in purple. After that,just type in Yellow and Subaru in the bottom two boxes...Goodluck !!!

Added that site to the favourites list...thanks luke
Old 04-08-2005, 07:08   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by compact
Added that site to the favourites list...thanks luke
So did you have any luck?Was the Colour and name mentioned on there?That is an awesome looking Compact in your Avatar...Is it yours?If so,do you have any more pic's??
Old 04-08-2005, 07:45   #7 (permalink)

You might want to give these guys a shot.

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/
GMACK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 23:31   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeh
So did you have any luck?Was the Colour and name mentioned on there?That is an awesome looking Compact in your Avatar...Is it yours?If so,do you have any more pic's??

NO luck with the colour, I couldnt find it on there,Hav 2 compacts now

One very similar to the one on the pic in stance and tyre size, and the other is a cruiser.

Both in varying stages of repair, actually the one with the tubs and 15 inch wheels I have just repurchased. I sold it 3 yrs ago and managed to convince the guy that he didnt really need it. Na he was/is a great guy and new the situation of when I sold it and said if I wanted it back I could have it. Not many gentlemen around anymore.so i Now own 2 compacts.

I'll get some photos up soon Luke, like 1-2months just cause they are a bit hard tomove to get some good shots.

I have changed my mind on the colour but am haing more probs now.

I decided id jump on the net and have alook around at some of the sites. I was lookning for a period colour in the ford range to make some sample pots from and came up with 2 colours.
Wedgewood Blue Code c 59 ford
Seafoam Green Code G 53or54 ford

So i made the decision on either of the 2 colours to be finalisedby myself and my wife, rang the paintshop to get 2 sample pots made up to spray on to check out, then I find out that they dont have access to those colours as they werent released in Australia.
Bloody buggar......now im back to square one.

I did get a link from someone to a paint comapny called Vintage paints or something, form UK I think.....I havesent them an email to which they replied more info, which I sent but i havent heard back from them yet. Only a few days since I did tho.

Anyway Ive bored everyone stupid by now so I will catch you all soon,

Oh Luke,Cant wait to see these xdubs of yours too mate
Old 04-15-2005, 04:44   #9 (permalink)

that colour that looks like english mustard?
if u cant find it just ask someone in the street who has that colour car.
ur not going to use it to paint your car r u?
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 15:50   #10 (permalink)
BOSSONNOS

Tongue Re: Subaru...What colour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by compact
There was a colour realeased in 2000 or 2001 on the WRX's

It was a special release colour...it was a pastel yellow

I have even asked the bloody subaru dealers here and they reackon that they cant tell me without the car being here....WTF

Anyway....i am slightly hopeing that maybe someone out there knows...or knows someione who knows

Thanks guys

and yes ive been to the paint shops....and they tell me ....ya gotta code mate.....Slack is what i think
We have got one of the 2002 Evo5 limited edition WRX's, it's a little darker than the urine yellow of the 2000 model but i'll post the code for you anyway as it is a better colour.
CITRIC ACID BA XR8 UTE , P/MAKERS,CUSTOM D&T EXHAUST QUAD TIPS,SS CAI,BMC FILTER,SS 80MM T/BODY,BPT 80 MM HELIX,THERMOSTAT, BPT UNDERDRIVES,,150 SHOT NOS ,EXTREME TUNED, MAL WOOD SHORT SHIFT,,CHROME TAIL LIGHTS,CUSTOM TINT WITH GRAPHICS, COBRA STRIPES, CUSTOM PLATES (BOSSONNOS),19X8 VAULT DEVILLES FRONT, 20X8.5 VAULT DEVILLES REAR, DAMN LOW.
Ultra Tune Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exterior | Body | Paint