Ford Forums banner

window tint question

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  351cid 
#1 ·
well my car came with tinted windows except the front one and somebody told me its illegal to get the front window tinted. Is this true? cause ive never heard it before

#3 ·
you are not allowed to put any kind of tint on the windscreen except for a sun band across the top.

i`m not sure of the NSW ruling on the size of this ,
in QLD you are not suposed to tint below the highest point of the windsceen wiper sweep but you are allowed to go as dark as you wish above that level.

if you put tint on the main part of the screen you cannot see properly at night.
also window tint on a laminated windscreen can cause it to crack if it has any small defects in it or if it is in exessive temperature. .

i know a guy who had a nissan silvia with the windscreen tinted with a very light coloured film that you could hardly notice in the day light from outside the car. on a bright sunny day it was great as it stopped a lot of glare and heat but on dull days or at night it was dangerous because of poor visabillity and refections .

i believe that there are new windsceens coming onto the market that have a blueish tint in the screen itself, like some european cars ,renault ,peugote,etc.i think that you can buy these as after market items now for some local cars but will cost $$$$$$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.