Ford Forums banner

96 Fairlane Door Lock problem

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  stoked1 
#1 ·
This morning I hit the remote button to unlock the car and all the locks (except the front passenger) unlocked then locked again, tried a few times and opened the drivers door when it was in the unlock position, while the drivers door was open the locks would lock and unlock non stop, when I close the door it went in to the lock position.

The front passenger side didn't unlock or lock at all, only way to open the door was with the door handle inside, when that was done all the doors would unlock. So for now the only way to get in the car without the locks dancing is to use the key on the passenger door.

I removed the door trim for the passenger side and found the actuator wasn't running, so I assume its dead (until I try test it). I wanted to remove it, but for the life of me I can't see how to get it out. It apears to be screwed in to the door from the inside.

So, can someone give me advice how to remove the actuator from the door.

#4 ·
Have you discovered what caused the dancing locks? Mine do that occasionally when unlocking - just go spazzy for a while, up and down, until they decide to take a break.

One of my actuators, (if that's what the yellow motor is called that locks and unlocks each door) wasn't working, so when I took the door panel off I found the problem was the electrical plug had a bad connection - used compressed air and contact cleaner while wriggling the connector around, and it works now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.