Ampin the EB - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2005, 05:55   #1 (permalink)
I...DRIVE....FORD!!!

Ampin the EB

gday all

im a dumbass when it comes to parts of wiring and stuff so id ask yas for advise incase i screw sumthing up , i got a system in my car 2 front 16cm 260watt 4 ways and 2 rear 6x9 420watt 4 ways, soon gettin subby n stuff but more money is needed, but mainly what i need first is an amp, alrdy chose what one i want, im wiring it ethir under my drivers side or in the back somewhere, but i donno where to find power for the amp, can anyone help me out please

cheers

-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2005, 08:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: Ampin the EB

you will need to run a power cable from the amp to + your battery also a trigger wire from the amp to your deck (most people use the power antena wire or also there is a specific one) and also an earth from your amp. when you get the amp there will probly be some baisic instructions to help ya a bit.

I have a twin 8" setup in my ED but but the amp is actually built into the box so its a little easier . It was also the first time id installed a sub or amp but i found it pretty easy I just ran all the cables thru the kick pannels then the scuff pannels thru to the back oh one thing ive been told is run the power thru one side of car and sub wires thru other dunno why probly interfefence or sumfin.

But id say unless the guys at the stereo joint are gonna try and stooge ya for insalation they would be able to help ya pretty well. Good luck mate
Old 07-01-2005, 08:31   #3 (permalink)
I...DRIVE....FORD!!!

ahh ok awsome, basicly im just gonna buy a seprate battery for amp speakers n head unit aswell, but yea awsome, buyin a 1 or 2 subs for the boot, and ampin them each so yea

thx for that xm250

Old 07-01-2005, 09:05   #4 (permalink)
EBSESSIVE

sounds like a plan!
i wanna get another amp, hopefully fairly soon to get some extra bass! goodluck with ya wiring...fairly simple, even i've done it before hehe
let us kno if ya get stuck..
-Paul
cominthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:32   #5 (permalink)

you don't need a seperate battery for you setup. just get a power and earth wire from JB or other car audio store and run the power from your battery to amp. the earth should be as short as possible to the earth point (i.e. bolt on car body) to reduce inteference. get the thickest guage cable you can afford for both as cable that is too thin may not pass enough current to amp esp. for big bass songs.
Otsile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 18:06   #6 (permalink)
I...DRIVE....FORD!!!

ahh ok, basicly i would like a seprate battery, cause when i get like sub n other crap i know it will drain cause its doin it now this the 6x9s n the 6" in the front, but ill look into your way any check it out too, thx Otsile

yea bass is good, its really good with the speakers atm , i turn it up to 20 on full bass treble and my loud option on, and i would be ready to go down chappel st lol, ethir way, thx cominthru

cheers guys

Old 07-03-2005, 02:47   #7 (permalink)
Fieldy

wen u get the drain prob e.g(lights start to paulse wen u hit a relly bassy note) look in to geting a capasata that will make the power flow much more consisten so no more light paulsing wen u get say more then 3-4 subs thats wen u might wunu look in to geting a nother batter
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:04   #8 (permalink)
Seriously Disturbed

hmmmm, capacitors are much more for show than anything. If you have trouble with power drain, id consider getting a new battery. (eg, a Gel Cell battery) these multiply power much faster and can hold a greater capacity. Unless you're running biggggggggg power subs and speakers, you wont need to run two batteries. In my old car (Ford Meteor) was running 2 12" subs @ 600wrms and never had any troubles.

As for an amp, if you havent already bought one. If you are wishing to run only the subs on it, i would consider buying a Monoblock amp, (designed for subs as they hold a greater charge for those *burps* eg. loud deep notes) but these amps are much more expensive than you're everyday amp. but if you're serious about your music, well worth a look.

Also, dont make the common mistake and run both subs AND speakers on the same amp. the subs will drain all the power out of the amp and leave crackly shitty, sweet f**k all power for your speakers. if anything, amp your subs, and keep your speakers running off your headunit. providing you have a decent headunit this will still sound awesome, mine did :)

hope this helps, and i apologize for the long post. if you have any queries feel free to pm me :)

- Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons