BA Rims on a EF - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2005, 22:16   #1 (permalink)

BA Rims on a EF

hey guys,

i was just wondering what was involved in getting BA rims on my EF xr8.
i tried putting them on and they hit on the strut. i think spacers might do but i dont know where to get them from.

also do you guys know of any good rims with a dish that would suit the xr8?

cheers
stippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2005, 05:38   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Re: BA Rims on a EF

The AU and BA rims run a different offset so as you have found dont fit. You may be able to find spacers around some tyre/mag places but they are illegal in most states, if not all, and void insurance etc so are a bad idea. Hub adaptors are available but are expensive, talk to your local tyre place and they should be able to give you an idea.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 17:51   #3 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

There are BA copies available with the correct offset for E-series cars. I can't help with places, websites, etc, but your best bet would be to sell the BA wheels to a BA owner (say someone with an XT/Futura wants the XR rims) and you buy some copies for your EF.

Hope u get it sorted out!

-Dave-

'91 EB Fairmont Ghia V8.
Pacemaker PH4000 extractors
Meaty semi-twin system
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 18:48   #4 (permalink)

I have a set of the wheels that GHIA5L is talking about you can see a pic on the post "putting new springs in struts" as you will see mine are the BA xr8 option rims in 17" the. are from a place called wheelsdirect and are about $1000. i think he has a website now. like GHIA5L said selling the ones you have now to get the coppies is your best bet. Or also i think ROH or CSA do a version of the standard XR rim.
Old 09-19-2005, 20:12   #5 (permalink)
Your Village wants you...

Koya wheels have a 17" rims called (oddly enough) the XR. They're almost a direct copy of the factory xr6 series 1 rim but are 1 tonne rated for fittment to the Territory. The overall appearance of these rims have as good a finish as the factory items, with offset for pre-AU as well as for AU-BA.

There is also the 17" BA XR8 copies in the previous posts which are also an option. I am personally opting for these on my XH XR6 ute. As soon as i have the dollars.

I'm with the others here, sell your rims to someone with an AU or BA and get the rims with the correct offset. I've been screwed over by insurance companies several times, and can speak from experience. Don't ghive them any ammo to cancel your policy.

Gonna get me two BA GT's, then XA, XB, XT, XR,......Til I have them all and then build a temple for them, so we can all worship.
SinisterHorze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 17:28   #6 (permalink)

ive got the ba xr8 rims on my ef, to fit them i had to get spacers. theres a slight vibration but apart from the there fine, been on the car for over 3 years, started with the au xr8 rims and then upgraded to the BA 18's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons