Best e-series V8? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2004, 19:41   #1 (permalink)
Safety Commitee Tim

Question Best e-series V8?

time to talk v8 rumble in the jungle ... so desperatly wanting a V8, and waiting anxiusly to get off P's , im researching my next car late this year, knowing that a 25k AU is out of reach, it has to boil down to an e-series pick. so in light of that where would money be best spent? for both power and realiability, EB or ED , the early EF V8 EL 1 XR8 are lacking in power from what iv'e seen, so is the updated AU engine like ELXR82 the way to go? Assuming that the only mods that are made are basic ie zorst, chip, iNTAKe and external mods .. basically which one would be value for money? and to be a HSV & Tickford king ... sorry should mention it's most likely going to be AUTO , :( don't drive manual often enough to be good, maybe i could learn, assuming the AUTO was chipped, zorsted and intake upped, and a few things making round 220kw would it compete with manuals? ELXR82 that is?

i know it's alot of questions so just rattle on with whatever you want to say. bits and pieces would be appreaciated, im good at jigsaws!

BOOty

XR8 MUMBO HERE
EF_Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2004, 19:53   #2 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Re: Best e-series V8?

Well, it depends on what shape you particularly like and how much you want to spend on it. I hear SikEDXR8 is selling his modified EDXR8 for around the 18k mark. It has everything on it, but needs to be finished off for it to be a 170rwkw beast.

Or you could opt to go a bit cheaper and get a nice cruisy EFXR8 instead.

I dunno, its up to what your budget is.
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 20:07   #3 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

Prior to the EL2's with 185, there was little difference in raw output of the V8's. An EB will be lighter than an EF though. But might have different diffs. Its all a 50/50 thing, and mostly will come down to what blueoval said, styling & money.
I like the EL's the best (biased), so got one of those.
Largely, with the mods listed, you will end up very close in power whether you buy an EB or an EL (unless the engine is really "old" and tired).

However, I think you would be struggling to get 220KW without a head change (stock e series heads are very ordinary).
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 03:12   #4 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

ED XR8 Sprint!
Get one they rock.
But they are hard to find.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:25   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carazy
ED XR8 Sprint!
Get one they rock.
But they are hard to find.
what he said
Old 01-06-2004, 04:40   #6 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

ED XR8 Sprint, or a EL2 Ghia 5.0L (yuumie.....)

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 04:52   #7 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

Well, I woulda picked an EB or EL GT for the best V8's, but they are more expensive as an AU XR8.....
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:11   #8 (permalink)
Safety Commitee Tim

basically i have the ol EA, and have loved EA-ED shape but for fear of old stlying and re-sale value ages down the track i thought if ur gona geta a loan why not use it to good use, and newer technology, it was just my starying mind cos of the substantial amount more KW's in EL2 than EB/ED EF/EL1 that tickled my fancy, plus it has a neat bodykit and i think is apart from AU the next best styled XR series, forgive my sins all BA EB/ED even EF/EL/s not kitted fans ... budget was going to be around a 10k loan plus my own 10k, so 20K, SO THE LEFTOVER WOULD BE just for insurnace, damn the under 25!! (if i can get it) mods would be afterwards, i just wanted a fast ford without turbs, s.charger, one to keep for years to come, a head turner, maybe even take to shows, ahh the dreams of a young teen ... so i guess really it boils down to where is it best spent considering those above mentioned things? hehe mite come off as i just want a pace setter, to stir up commo's, in a way yes, blame CFI, but also i like most ppl appreaciate a car, and i spose want a cream of the crop type, god i may as well just say i want the EL2 XR8, heaven help me on this!! so with my mods list, on an EB/ED xr8 be COMAPRED TO A STOCK VP-VX even VY HSV, watching his arse, matching, beating...likewise ELXR82? GOD I ASK TO MANY QUESTIONS ... bless the soul of the one of you with my answers, im gona leave it here before i ask more ...thanks for ur reading type ... and now hopefully ur typing.

XR8 MUMBO HERE
EF_Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:59   #9 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

i had the EA/ED shape for 3 almost 4 years and got sick of it at the end, but i still look at them
94EF_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 16:20   #10 (permalink)
i pity tha fool

sprint sprint sprint

Previous ride: EBII V8 Manual Ghia spring roll.
Current ride: 1970 ZC 351 Fairlane Custom.. (estimated 350ftlb @ 2000rpm.. max torque 420ftlb at 4500rpm.. with standard exhaust manifold!)
jmartion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons